Outer Banks
First Name
KathyGrace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford - Ranger 4x4
Hi
I am new here and I was reading about tracking with your VIN and order number. How soon after the order is placed do you get the VIN? I heard it is showing going to production at the end of June. If it is showing that, is there a VIN?
Thank you
Sponsored

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Hi
I am new here and I was reading about tracking with your VIN and order number. How soon after the order is placed do you get the VIN? I heard it is showing going to production at the end of June. If it is showing that, is there a VIN?
Thank you
VIN is available when the invoice is sent to factory...usually one week prior to build (at least in my case)

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
You probably already have a VIN assigned. You'll need to ask your dealer. They'll be able to give you your order number too, which is a 4 character code.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When it is schedule for production it gets a VIN. I ordered 3/16, got a VIN April 1 with production date of May 24. Then it got rescheduled two more times now schedule for June 14.

If you get VIN and Order Number you can track it here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Dealer can provide VIN and Order Number as soon as it gets a production date.

Be prepared for production delays and getting your date pushed back etc. Its a waiting be patient type of thing. Here is some more info on Ford order process:

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/#:~:text=The initial scheduling information will,of Arrival) at the dealership.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The best thing I can say, times are crazy, and everyone has a different experience. I placed an order in late March, had a vin in early April with a build scheduled for May 17. I've checked repeatedly on my order, my dealer controls all the information. I had my order number and VIN so I could use the Ford tracker myself as others mentioned, and I could see it was processed with no ETA, and no other info. Everything is in Limbo, even the vaunted Bronco is stopping production along with their biggest moneymaker the F-series pickup.
By chance I was contacted by a dealer I test drove with, another customer had backed out of teh same badlands I have on order, it arrived at the dealership today as I was moving my son home from college. I am going up there tomorrow, hope to bring it home. Ironically their PASLAPP showed ETA may 28 and it's here may 7. Even the dealer said end of the month if I was still interested. Hang in there.

OP
OP

puregrace

Outer Banks
First Name
KathyGrace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford - Ranger 4x4
Hi
Thank you
Thank you everyone for the replies. This has been very helpful. I am not sure if I am doing this messaging thing right either. lol
Sponsored