nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
This was my scheduled build week, I'm beginning to think my order has fallen into an abyss. No update from Ford in a long while.
Mine has moved into production, with even a production date - never received any emails regarding the updates. Only way I know is that I've been obsessively refreshing the status page...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Anyone who finds a high option Badlands sport at or in transit to a dealer is not going to care how long it sat in Mexico. It will be sold long before it even gets delivered.
And this part makes it all the more painful...Ford is here to make profits and please investors. Sorry about your car in the desert. (And I am actually sorry you have waited this long I actually do care)
"The Dearborn, Michigan, company said Wednesday that it made $561 million from April through June, largely because of cost cuts and higher-than-expected prices for its vehicles"

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
And this part makes it all the more painful...Ford is here to make profits and please investors. Sorry about your car in the desert. (And I am actually sorry you have waited this long I actually do care)
"The Dearborn, Michigan, company said Wednesday that it made $561 million from April through June, largely because of cost cuts and higher-than-expected prices for its vehicles"
In Ford's second quarter earnings Ford CFO said he thinks supply chain issues will ease up in the fall this year and continued improvements in 2022. Ford also said they have 60,000 - 70,000 built but incomplete units sitting in storage. So Ford thinks we have seen the worse and slow steady improvements will be the trend going forward.

As far as mine in the desert in the elements waiting shit happens. I am in holding pattern right now in a wait see mode.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
My Bronco Sport Badlands has been in production since 6/4. That tells me it is sitting in a lot somewhere in the desert waiting for chips etc. My concern is this: What kind of bad things can I expect from it being baked in the desert sun for months? Is Ford going to extend the warranty; I bet not. Is Ford going to reduce price; I bet not!! I'm thinking about giving up and looking for a Big Bronco somewhere that is already at a Dealership. Sold my F150 in March (same time I ordered); and I'm tired of being without a ride!!
My BL sat for nine weeks after build waiting for a moonroof and tow package — it went into production on December 2 and left the plant on February 1.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Sorry that's happening, but you might still be in a better spot than some. I saw a person on Facebook post that their car finally got to the dealer. Not stock; a customer order. The dealer is basically selling the car to the highest bidder and just shining the person that ordered it. When they get the cars built, the buyers won't have to wade through that cesspool in the future.

I also "panic bought" in that I didn't need the car right away, but I could tell it wasn't going to get easier than to buy the one I found. And it wasn't going to get cheaper. I paid MSRP - incentives and that's a "deal" right now. I think all the car makers are dealing with the same issue on some level, though I am not following how well they all handle the PR fallout. I just know that I helped search Jeep inventory for someone and there's just nothing out there on the lots.
Ordered my Badlands, alto blue and hitch, Mar. 28, 2021 from Darling's Ford Brunswick, Me.. People started drooling on it, Darlings immediately moved it to the place for it's undercoating to get it out of site. I Picked it up June 30. They also kept the March price.
Sponsored