Getting Concerned About My Order

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
My Bronco Sport Badlands has been in production since 6/4. That tells me it is sitting in a lot somewhere in the desert waiting for chips etc. My concern is this: What kind of bad things can I expect from it being baked in the desert sun for months? Is Ford going to extend the warranty; I bet not. Is Ford going to reduce price; I bet not!! I'm thinking about giving up and looking for a Big Bronco somewhere that is already at a Dealership. Sold my F150 in March (same time I ordered); and I'm tired of being without a ride!!
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Bronco Sport Badlands has been in production since 6/4. That tells me it is sitting in a lot somewhere in the desert waiting for chips etc. My concern is this: What kind of bad things can I expect from it being baked in the desert sun for months? Is Ford going to extend the warranty; I bet not. Is Ford going to reduce price; I bet not!! I'm thinking about giving up and looking for a Big Bronco somewhere that is already at a Dealership. Sold my F150 in March (same time I ordered); and I'm tired of being without a ride!!
How long do they sit in Arizona driveways and look like they rolled off a lot 40 years later? (My nieces live in Phoenix)
Your warranty doesn't start until you take the keys. I get it. If you can find a Bronco jump. They look really nice. They are not bronco sports. I would have bought a full size if they came out at the same time. Now I'm happy they didn't.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
how do you know one in the lot didn't sit in the desert for 8 weeks waiting for a chip.

Tom

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
We do not know where or how Ford is storing the June built sports. Most likely sitting in a fenced in lot baking in the sun since that is how they store F150s, big broncos ect that don't get shipped. No discounts or other incentives will be given while we are in the global car shortage crisis. Eventually Ford will get around to completing the unfinished units and get them shipped. When? No one knows.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
how do you know one in the lot didn't sit in the desert for 8 weeks waiting for a chip.
Anyone who finds a high option Badlands sport at or in transit to a dealer is not going to care how long it sat in Mexico. It will be sold long before it even gets delivered.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Iā€™m literally in the same boat mine was completed June 11 and sits. I was able to get the email for the Vice President of customer service for Ford Canadaā€¦..he actually responded to my emailā€¦..basically: they donā€™t careā€¦..wait or donā€™t they will sell our vehicles if we walkā€¦..no apologies and no indication of how much longer it will be. ā˜¹

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Iā€™m literally in the same boat mine was completed June 11 and sits. I was able to get the email for the Vice President of customer service for Ford Canadaā€¦..he actually responded to my emailā€¦..basically: they donā€™t careā€¦..wait or donā€™t they will sell our vehicles if we walkā€¦..no apologies and no indication of how much longer it will be. ā˜¹
Sounds horrible and I am truly empathetic to all who wait. I went into panic mode. But this process is affecting everything and every industry and it's getting worse. Ford could manage the PR much better I have no doubt. But it also makes me wonder how xxep and Chevy are managing their sales and inventory?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Sorry that's happening, but you might still be in a better spot than some. I saw a person on Facebook post that their car finally got to the dealer. Not stock; a customer order. The dealer is basically selling the car to the highest bidder and just shining the person that ordered it. When they get the cars built, the buyers won't have to wade through that cesspool in the future.

Sounds horrible and I am truly empathetic to all who wait. I went into panic mode. But this process is affecting everything and every industry and it's getting worse. Ford could manage the PR much better I have no doubt. But it also makes me wonder how xxep and Chevy are managing their sales and inventory?
I also "panic bought" in that I didn't need the car right away, but I could tell it wasn't going to get easier than to buy the one I found. And it wasn't going to get cheaper. I paid MSRP - incentives and that's a "deal" right now. I think all the car makers are dealing with the same issue on some level, though I am not following how well they all handle the PR fallout. I just know that I helped search Jeep inventory for someone and there's just nothing out there on the lots.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sorry that's happening, but you might still be in a better spot than some. I saw a person on Facebook post that their car finally got to the dealer. Not stock; a customer order. The dealer is basically selling the car to the highest bidder and just shining the person that ordered it. When they get the cars built, the buyers won't have to wade through that cesspool in the future.

I also "panic bought" in that I didn't need the car right away, but I could tell it wasn't going to get easier than to buy the one I found. And it wasn't going to get cheaper. I paid MSRP - incentives and that's a "deal" right now. I think all the car makers are dealing with the same issue on some level, though I am not following how well they all handle the PR fallout. I just know that I helped search Jeep inventory for someone and there's just nothing out there on the lots.
Yep I essentially did the same. I feared my custom order would never reach the lot. Compromised a $100 part to get it months sooner, and it really worked out. My build was eventually completed and it sold two days from hitting the lot at MSRP minus incentives. I'd go back to that dealer again in a better wait period. He was a straight up guy true to his word. They could have raked someone else but didn't. Long term dealer. He

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Ford not gonna change how they do things. If you order a vehicle and they decide to hold it waiting customers won't be told anything and they won't get anything extra for waiting either. Ford will eventually complete deliver the vehicles when they get around to it. Long before the virus and long before the global supply chain crisis that is how they have always done it.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
This was my scheduled build week, I'm beginning to think my order has fallen into an abyss. No update from Ford in a long while.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Well thousands of F150s built March/April were sent to yards to sit with 10/31 delivery dates. Recently Ford has been completing and shipping a lot of them. Guys on F150 forums posting up pics of their delivered trucks. So that could be our future. Eventually Ford completes ships the sports and starts loading up the trains with huge numbers heading north.

Shempy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This was my scheduled build week, I'm beginning to think my order has fallen into an abyss. No update from Ford in a long while.
If it makes you feel any better my build week was 7/12 and I didnā€™t see any updates until 7/19.
Sponsored

Reactions: FIP