Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
there was a time when I thought the hand chopping did not fit the crime
Maybe we should be like Saudi Arabia and sentence car keyers to 50 lashes to be administered in the town square...
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I feel like I would blow a gasket if this happened to me. Wait half a year or more for a custom order vehicle only for some jealous A-hole to key your long awaited vehicle. I remember when I got my 2014 F150, years ago. It was still pretty new, used, but new.

First day I got it, I parked in a busy parking lot as I didn't have much choice, I came back and there was a massive dent in my side door from someone just using my door as a door stop. I was so furious I installed a cash cam for front and rear with motion detection and hit detection.

I will forever always have a dash cam with these features just to have a better peace of mind. This is the first thing I will do when I get my BS.

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Interestingly these types of things haven't stayed on my car more than a couple days in the past. I'm surprised it's still on there myself!
That's what amazed me after my brother moved out to Colorado. I was like "why the hell is the dealership got an actual badge on your car?" That wont fly in California, at least in the bay area. You get a license plate frame and thats almost always replaced in the first few days.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
$500 deductible. A chunk of change saved upfront but I’m unsure what that means to my premium going forward.

I was parked on a city owned lot (Parks & Rec Baseball complex). No cameras in the area I was parked unfortunately.

I did file a police report. They said no other reports have been filed from Saturday in that lot. I don’t think there’s any chance I’m going to find the culprit.
If you have comprehensive coverage it shouldn't be a problem. It was not in an accident, so no harm no foul...no accident "forgiveness" required.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have any stickers on your Bronco, like Christian or gun or political in any way stickers? Those are a sure way to get keyed.
Probably done by a jealous Jeep owner.

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Somebody would get seriously hurt if I ever see them do this to any of my vehicles. I always park far out in parking lots and walk the extra distance.

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happened on Saturday. Most likely happened at my son’s baseball game.

It’s not that large of an area, on the passenger side door below the mirror and by the Big Bend badge.

Took it by two body shops today. $1500-$1800 to fix and an insane amount of plastic trim pieces that need to be removed and replaced because they aren’t reusable.

Now for the million dollar question: Do I file an insurance claim or pay out of pocket?
If someone takes a key to your car it should be covered by the comprehensive section of your insurance policy - it's not an "accident". Comprehensive claims rarely affect your premium and are "comprehensive" i.e., it covers what the other, more specific sections do not. (i.e., collision, medical, property damage, personal liability, etc.) Of course, it all depends on your state. Just call and ask your insurance agent - he/she/it should be able to give you the scoop.
Sponsored