YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agreed! I don’t have a tester but will call Monday morning and add that to their list. I’ve also been randomly having the emergency break come on and not go out. Literally fighting with it to go off so I can drive. Have done a shutdown, wait, and retry without success. If I hurry up and put it in drive, it will stay out but I have to be faster than the glitch!! And again… I park on a very flat area. There’s several little things that have happened- all electronic. While it’s there, they might as well check it all… maybe it’ll save me a trip later.
You don’t need a tester. Use your carbon monoxide detector from your house. And for the love of god please don’t tell me you don’t have one!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
You don’t need a tester. Use your carbon monoxide detector from your house. And for the love of god please don’t tell me you don’t have one!!!
[/QUOTE

okay… I won’t tell you then!! I did ask the service people to test it though if that makes this any better.

OP
OP

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Do you know the build date?
I do not and the service department still has it. I can post that when I get it back.
I do have a home Carbon Monoxide tester coming in today too. I honestly never thought about it so YFD- thanks!!

OP
OP

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
**Update March 11**
I heard from the service department again and they've now found that my windshield is leaking too. They have called in a windshield company to come on Monday and take out and reseal my windshield. They still haven't checked out the electronics because the entire inside of my vehicle is torn out. They said once the windshield is fixed they should be able to replace the carpet, and once all of that is back together they will be able to check the electronics. The service department seems to be doing everything they can this time, but safety is still a concern for me. I've also contacted Ford, and they want nothing to do with my vehicle and didn't help at all.

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
***New Update*** (February 22, 2022)
So what they originally thought was some leaves in around my cowl drain causing the issue, turned out not to be the problem. Though they still can't figure out where all the water is coming in, they are now resealing my entire vehicle and replacing my molded carpet. The amount of water that has continued to saturate my driver's side floorboard is unbelievable! The mold is so bad in my carpet now that you can smell it as soon as you open the door (so imagine what it’s like being inside with the doors closed). Just turning over 6K miles, hopefully the work they are putting into this will fix the issue for good. This is a lot to go through for a vehicle that's hardly driven. If they find an exact culprit while everything is torn out of my truck, I'll be sure to post it!! Thanks again to everyone that contributed their thoughts; I really appreciated your time!!
I'm wondering if you can file a claim under the lemon law. Your situation is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable!

I know @Ford Motor Company is a forum member, maybe they will reply... However, they seem to be more engaged in congratulatory posts.

OP
OP

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I'm wondering if you can file a claim under the lemon law. Your situation is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable!

I know @Ford Motor Company is a forum member, maybe they will reply... However, they seem to be more engaged in congratulatory posts.
So They had my truck for a full month and one day. They replaced all of the carpet to get rid of the mold, they "sealed" my firewall, and then found a leak in the windshield too. They called in a company to reseal the windshield. I just got it back March 23rd (it went in on February 21). Now with broken molding pieces from ripping all of the insides out. The morning I went to pick it up, before I left, I had warning lights and messages flashing at me with a wrench light lit up. They took it back in the shop immediately and said it was a known issue and they just had to reprogram whatever this was. This past week, it started happening again and randomly so I was told to take it back in over this past weekend. I did, and the tech said he had to reconfigure the reprogramming that had just taken place. He drove it around after the reconfiguring, and as soon as he got back to the shop, it started the warnings and things all over again. I've now been told that they need to set up and appointment for me to bring it back and leave it with their transmission guy. It's pretty bad that I bought this truck so it would be more reliable and now I can't sell my old car because it's more reliable.
I contacted Ford on here, and she just wrote me off and told me to speak with my service department.

• Sad
Reactions: MJE

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
So They had my truck for a full month and one day. They replaced all of the carpet to get rid of the mold, they "sealed" my firewall, and then found a leak in the windshield too. They called in a company to reseal the windshield. I just got it back March 23rd (it went in on February 21). Now with broken molding pieces from ripping all of the insides out. The morning I went to pick it up, before I left, I had warning lights and messages flashing at me with a wrench light lit up. They took it back in the shop immediately and said it was a known issue and they just had to reprogram whatever this was. This past week, it started happening again and randomly so I was told to take it back in over this past weekend. I did, and the tech said he had to reconfigure the reprogramming that had just taken place. He drove it around after the reconfiguring, and as soon as he got back to the shop, it started the warnings and things all over again. I've now been told that they need to set up and appointment for me to bring it back and leave it with their transmission guy. It's pretty bad that I bought this truck so it would be more reliable and now I can't sell my old car because it's more reliable.
I contacted Ford on here, and she just wrote me off and told me to speak with my service department.
Here's info on Virginia's Lemon Law: https://www.theconsumerlawgroup.com/faqs/what-is-the-virginia-lemon-law-and-how-does-it-work.cfm

Important parts:
- If the same "significant" problem is worked on 3 times (i.e. you have 3 repair orders), and the problem still exists after that—then it's a lemon.
OR
- If the vehicle has been in the shop 30 or more calender days for ANY significant problem or defect, and there is still something legitimately wrong with the car, then it's a lemon.

Seems like, based on what you've said, it meets these criteria - on that page, it details how to follow up on it, I'd go that route.

OP
OP

jcjones

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Here's info on Virginia's Lemon Law: https://www.theconsumerlawgroup.com/faqs/what-is-the-virginia-lemon-law-and-how-does-it-work.cfm

Important parts:
- If the same "significant" problem is worked on 3 times (i.e. you have 3 repair orders), and the problem still exists after that—then it's a lemon.
OR
- If the vehicle has been in the shop 30 or more calender days for ANY significant problem or defect, and there is still something legitimately wrong with the car, then it's a lemon.

Seems like, based on what you've said, it meets these criteria - on that page, it details how to follow up on it, I'd go that route.
Thank you for the information!! This was actually on my list of things to do today... I honestly think the current issue is from water damage from the firewall and the windshield not being sealed and letting water pour into my truck. I asked for my electronics to be checked while it was there for a month, but I think they just tried using the radio etc, and said that all was well. They did state that if this issue (warning lights etc) isn't something with the transmission, then they don't have anything else to do.
Sponsored