Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have the copilot 360 +. This noise only occurs when I apply the brakes. Otherwise I don't hear anything.
I may be mistaken, but I believe Bronco Sports equipped with Copilot 360+ use an electric brake booster (rather than a vacuum booster) and it is integrated with the ABS system. If the thumping only occurs during braking and doesn't change frequency (time between thumps) with vehicle speed then it doesn't seem likely to be associated with the wheel spinning. I would suspect something going on with the ABS, which pulses brake pressure to prevent lockup.

Normally you would feel a pulsing in the brake pedal when ABS activates, but all my experience has been with vehicles equipped with vacuum brake boosters, which retain a direct mechanical connection between the brake pedal and the hydraulic system actuating the brakes. I don't know if you would feel the pedal pulsing in a vehicle equipped with an electric brake booster. My assumption is that an electric brake booster does not impart any feedback to the pedal because there is no mechanical connection between the pedal and the hydraulic system.
Sponsored

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Yours is almost certainly something to do with the spinning wheel. Have you jacked the car and tried spinning the suspect wheel by hand?
I have not checked yet, I guess I will be doing it this weekend.

OP
OP
slowpoke17

slowpoke17

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '19 Ranger,'09 MB, '77 & 03 Corvette,
I have an appointment at the dealer on the 19th. to go over this and my oil separator recall. I'll let you know what I find out.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Mine has been doing that too, I will try to get a vid of it tomorrow. It was at the dealer for almost 2 months and when I got it back over a week ago, I noticed the rhythmic thumping when I was braking. I thought it may have been rust on the brakes because the car was sitting at the dealer for repair for so long.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Could be warped brake rotor. That can cause thumping when brakes applied. If so dealer should be able to fix.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the same "thumping noise" when backing out first thing in the morning, when making a turn from a stop and when slowing down. My dealer has diagnosed it as a front brake pad retaining clip issue but that haven't heard anything back from Ford about a possible problem with the clips after the replacement of front pads due to recall. I'll give them a couple more days to hear from Ford but so far I'm not too confident in a speedy solution.
Sponsored