younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Thoughts on getting the warranty on the 2021 Bronco Sport Big Ben with BB package?
I’ve never gotten a warranty before but then it’s been 20+ years since I’ve purchased a new vehicle.
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I was thinking of getting a warranty on my BL but I want to shop around for prices before I pull the trigger.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
I was thinking of getting a warranty on my BL but I want to shop around for prices before I pull the trigger.
Yep.
I told them I don’t plan to keep this Bronco over 3 years. No need for warranty.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Thoughts on getting the warranty on the 2021 Bronco Sport Big Ben with BB package?
I’ve never gotten a warranty before but then it’s been 20+ years since I’ve purchased a new vehicle.
Only one to buy is fords ESP WARRANTY. Have purchased this for the last 25 or so years. IMO. The best

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
Hi, first post here. We just ordered a Bronco sport badlands for my wife, and I have a 21 ranger. I bought the ford premium care ESP on line. There are a few dealers that sell the ford ESP on line, at a deep discount. Ziegler Ford and Flood Ford are a couple. There is a thread at Blue Oval Forums, Ford ESP at cost. I saved a lot over the price at the dealer.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
If you keep vehicles that long the Ford ESP is something I would consider. Don't let the dealer sell you a third party warranty plan, insist on the ESP. Look into the options of the plans like lost or defective key fob replacement and LED lamp coverage. My ESP on my F150 has already paid for itself having covered 2 key fob replacements and a defective APIM module (the computer that controls everything on the center display). For the Bronco I shopped online and took the quotes to the selling dealer and he was able to match the price after some haggling. It doesn't matter where you purchase the Ford ESP it's good at any Ford service dealer. The F150 warranty was from Flood Ford but there are others out there offering big discounts too.

OP
OP
younglefthander

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
If you keep vehicles that long the Ford ESP is something I would consider. Don't let the dealer sell you a third party warranty plan, insist on the ESP. Look into the options of the plans like lost or defective key fob replacement and LED lamp coverage. My ESP on my F150 has already paid for itself having covered 2 key fob replacements and a defective APIM module (the computer that controls everything on the center display). For the Bronco I shopped online and took the quotes to the selling dealer and he was able to match the price after some haggling. It doesn't matter where you purchase the Ford ESP it's good at any Ford service dealer. The F150 warranty was from Flood Ford but there are others out there offering big discounts too.
A little misleading I was, I haven't kept the same vehicle for 20 + years. Now I do put a lot of miles on vehicle per year so I've always had disposable cars like Pontiac grand am's. They stopped making the G6 in 06 so now I have a Toyota Camry. Got a steal on one 2 years ago and I plan to keep driving the Camry during the week and use the BS on the weekends for my fun car. Now that I will be hitting 60 soon, I just figure it's time for me to enjoy the weekends with something else.
I would really like to get all electric eventually. I think the next electric on the Ford radar will be the Ranger. That's my guess anyway.
Thanks for the info regarding the ESP. I did not get a warranty but will research if I go that route down the road.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I usually get the esp just because it's a little extra peace of mind. I always buy online after shopping price. Used Lombard Ford last 2 times, but I also got a repeat buyer special which pushed them well below the others I shopped. But before the discount they all kinda sit within about $100 of each other. But I did get a good laugh when the first warranty pitched to me at the dealer when I picked it up was an extended warranty thru Toyota. Why would I want to take my Ford to a Toyota dealer for warranty work of a Ford? He said it's great cause I can use any Ford that takes it or Toyota... Hmmm, not sure how this keeps people in a Ford by sending them to the competition for service.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got the Ford ESP on mine. If you trade it in before you pay it off, you get a prorated refund, same for the GAP insurance. I have a GAP refund coming back on my other BS and we just transferred the ESP to my new one.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for the info regarding the ESP. I did not get a warranty but will research if I go that route down the road.
Another option is 'mechanical breakdown insurance' through your insurer. I pay <$100/year for this coverage. Nonnegotiable $250 deductible for any claims, though.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you are planning on keeping it over 100,000 miles I would consider the warranty.
The Ecoboost motors seem to develop a number of little issues and some not so little later in life, even if maintained. YMMV.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I ended up going with zeigler fords, they give you 250.00 off if you dont use their financing and pay in full. The code is PAYINFULL. They were the cheapest. Paid with credit card over the phone, the next day the warranty showed up in the ford pass app. I will definitely get one on the wife's Bronco Sport when it comes in.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I ended up going with zeigler fords, they give you 250.00 off if you dont use their financing and pay in full. The code is PAYINFULL. They were the cheapest. Paid with credit card over the phone, the next day the warranty showed up in the ford pass app. I will definitely get one on the wife's Bronco Sport when it comes in.
Comfort factor for sure . 60,000 miles ,8 years , 1284.00 , 0 deductible, paid up front . I am happy , don’t drive that much since I am now retired .

Last edited:

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
What was the total cost for the coverage?
Sponsored