WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Considering trading my Ranger for a BS big bend. I love the ranger but it is really more vehicle than I need and would rather have something with a nicer ride as a daily driver. The Ranger is an FX4 and is just a bouncy ride. I really love the styling of the BS. My wife's grandparents have a cabin in the mountains and I really needed an SUV or truck to haul stuff up there. At the time there were no SUV's that I liked as my DD so I got the Ranger. If the BS had been available at the time I most likely would have gotten one instead. I can tow a small trailer to take any big stuff. Anyway I went to my dealer and they don't have any in stock to drive. I was able to sit in one that was sold and test out apple carplay and listen to the stereo. Initial impressions are good, but no way am I buying anything without driving it first. Their website and fords inventory tracker shows an a BS BB in Area 51 with the BB package and tow package. Would have liked the copilot 360 with ACC but I can live without it. I went ahead and put a refundable deposit on that one and my salesman is going to let me know when one comes in that I can drive.

With ALL that being said, does anyone know why fords inventory tracker is basically useless? It looks like the one I want is one of the June builds waiting for parts so who knows when it will get there. An example is that according to fords tracker they have a red BB on the lot. The one I want says 'dealer ordered' on the ford site but the red one does not. But on the dealerships website, they show 12 in transit or in stock and the red one is not one of them. I get the impression from my salesman that everything is pretty chaotic and no one seems to really know the status of anything that isn't on the lot. So now that I've been crazy long winded, can anyone give me any insight on when the one I want might be getting to the dealer? He said hopefully by the end of the year which is fine because I am seeing people here that ordered 8 months ago and are still waiting. It is just weird not being able to just go to the dealer and pick one out like I've done every time I've gotten a new vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I believe many of the vehicles on the tracker may already have deposits on them. I was looking for a OB or BL a few months ago. The car showed it was in transit. Went to the dealer and it was estimated to be a July delivery. Placed a deposit and a week later was told possibly October or December delivery.
I tend to use the dealer website and place an inquiry about a vehicle or speak to the dealer directly on what inventory is in bound and available.

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now this is interesting. Today, all but two of the Bronco Sports that were listed for my dealer are gone from the Ford inventory search tool, including the one I put a deposit on. They had a few in their 'sold' line at the lot but the white one I sat in was the only one I could match up to the website. At first I thought maybe it was because I did the deposit, but it isn't the only one that is no longer listed. The dealer's website still shows all the ones it did yesterday but I don't know if that is something that the dealer maintains or if it's hooked into Ford's system. Since the build date on the window sticker was in June, maybe it's getting pulled back into the factory to get finished up? I can only hope. It feels weird to anticipate something I am not 100% sure I am going to buy since I really want to drive one before I commit. I mean, it can't be much different than any other fords I have had (couple mustangs, a Focus and my Ranger) so I am sure I will like it but need to be sure.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
The problem with Fords tracking is its not up to date and things are constantly changing with inventory. Best to stick with dealer websites even though they aren't usually accurate either. Dealers will list ones that have deposits or are custom ordered in addition to ordered and in transit ones and a lot of times when they get one in, its sold within 24 hours and the website wont reflect its gone for a week or 2. I got mine straight off of a delivery truck after seeing it on the way to lunch one day and it showed on the dealer website as in transit for 2 more weeks after my wife and I bought it.
All of the dealers around me cant keep them on the lot for more than a day.

A good option if you're trying to find one now is to pull up the window sticker on ones listed as in transit then track it on Fords tracker. You can see esitmated deliery dates for built ones that are listed as in transit. Most arrive a day or 2 earlier then listed.

If you have a June build waiting on a chip and the recall fix the Ford tracking should be updated with a more accurate delivery date now. I had a deposit on a June build and it got pushed back to the end of December and that still may not happen which is why I just searched and searched until I found one coming in that didn't have a deposit on it. I didnt want one that has been sitting anyways.

If you dont know how to track by vin. Go here. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/what-is-the-status-of-my-vehicle-order/

Use the vin number and on any window sticker get the order number. Its the 4 digit number under item # after the dashes.

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with Fords tracking is its not up to date and things are constantly changing with inventory. Best to stick with dealer websites even though they aren't usually accurate either. Dealers will list ones that have deposits or are custom ordered in addition to ordered and in transit ones and a lot of times when they get one in, its sold within 24 hours and the website wont reflect its gone for a week or 2. I got mine straight off of a delivery truck after seeing it on the way to lunch one day and it showed on the dealer website as in transit for 2 more weeks after my wife and I bought it.
All of the dealers around me cant keep them on the lot for more than a day.

A good option if you're trying to find one now is to pull up the window sticker on ones listed as in transit then track it on Fords tracker. You can see esitmated deliery dates for built ones that are listed as in transit. Most arrive a day or 2 earlier then listed.

If you have a June build waiting on a chip and the recall fix the Ford tracking should be updated with a more accurate delivery date now. I had a deposit on a June build and it got pushed back to the end of December and that still may not happen which is why I just searched and searched until I found one coming in that didn't have a deposit on it. I didnt want one that has been sitting anyways.

If you dont know how to track by vin. Go here. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/what-is-the-status-of-my-vehicle-order/

Use the vin number and on any window sticker get the order number. Its the 4 digit number under item # after the dashes.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I saw the order tracker before but I thought it was just for customer orders and didn't know about the order number you could get from the window sticker. The one I put a deposit down says it is in transit and has an estimated delivery of 10/29. If that holds up that is awesome.

Last edited:

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I saw the order tracker before but I thought it was just for customer orders and didn't know about the order number you could get from the window sticker. The one I put a deposit down says it is in transit and has an estimated delivery of 10/29. If that holds up that is awesome.
If it shows as "shipped" with an esitmate of 10/29 you'll have it most likely a few days earlier than that.

OP
OP
WinTech

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it shows as "shipped" with an esitmate of 10/29 you'll have it most likely a few days earlier than that.
Hope so. I looked a little closer and it says 10/22-10/29. I got lucky on this one. It is almost exactly what I wanted. First color choice (area 51) and it has the tow package and the big bend package no moonroof. I would have liked the copilot 360+ but I can live without the ACC. BLIS was important to me so I am glad it is standard. Kind of bummed about giving up the nicer sound system that the Ranger has but $200 in speaker upgrades will probably help out there. Overall this will be a better day to day vehicle for me.
Sponsored