Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
one move which MAY take this to the next step...and yeah it's talk for now. Removing the dealership model and going straight ordering. If they make all arrangements through an online bank, it COULD be out of the dealers hands...if all paperwork is processed through Ford direct, setting the limits would be as easy as a click of a mouse. Like online purchasing through say Amazon...
Only problem with that is service. They would have to adopt the Tesla service model to millions of vehicles, which is not realistic. It works for Tesla now as they are still a small niche and don't require a lot of routine maintenance. But I wouldn't mind having a Ford tech show up at work and do my oil change in the parking lot, in fact that would be awesome!
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Only problem with that is service. They would have to adopt the Tesla service model to millions of vehicles, which is not realistic. It works for Tesla now as they are still a small niche and don't require a lot of routine maintenance. But I wouldn't mind having a Ford tech show up at work and do my oil change in the parking lot, in fact that would be awesome!
Most of you think too small and within your own expectations, experience, and view. It's completely possible...look outside your own perspective...it's more realistic than many are giving credit for.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If/when supply chain improves and supply can meet demand the dealers wont be able to find buyers to pay mark ups. As long as we have supply issue and demand out of whack dealers will take advantage.

OP
OP
Benanza

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Most of you think too small and within your own expectations, experience, and view. It's completely possible...look outside your own perspective...it's more realistic than many are giving credit for.
I wasn't saying it wasn't possible, cause it totally is. To be clear, in today's world it is not realistic for Ford to say take a hike dealers were doing this all online now but thanks for the last 80 years of doing business

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Kind of like people scooping up tickets to concerts, games, etc and selling for a profit. Luckily, that was solved by allowing TicketMaster to get first dibs. Whew. I might've paid an extra $10 per ticket to someone willing to brave the elements overnight. Now I can pay $30 over ticket price to a faceless corporation.
Ain't that the truth.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My dealer is now advertising that they do mobile service. Haven’t yet checked out what all they can do, assuming it’s just oil changes, but an interesting idea for sure.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My dealer is now advertising that they do mobile service. Haven’t yet checked out what all they can do, assuming it’s just oil changes, but an interesting idea for sure.
Ford's pushing pickup/drop off for maintenance on all vehicles near term. Here's the info.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford's pushing pickup/drop off for maintenance on all vehicles near term. Here's the info.
Interesting. I suppose it’s probably a way of getting as many vehicles through in a day as they can. After all shop time is expensive & if they can hae your vehicle for hte day instead of when you can drop it off, they do stand to be able to put through more. For this though, it looks like our dealer is actually putting out a mobile service van on the road.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Dealers slapping a no-resale agreement on F150 lightning EEE56F27-B1E2-400F-AD6C-FB7B6D80F77D

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Interesting. I suppose it’s probably a way of getting as many vehicles through in a day as they can. After all shop time is expensive & if they can hae your vehicle for hte day instead of when you can drop it off, they do stand to be able to put through more. For this though, it looks like our dealer is actually putting out a mobile service van on the road.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Dealers slapping a no-resale agreement on F150 lightning EEE56F27-B1E2-400F-AD6C-FB7B6D80F77D
That's a great evolution in service.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That's a great evolution in service.
They must be getting busy enough that it’s cheaper of course to buy & outfit the van than trying to add another service bay. So they can market it as convenient for the customer (and they say they do most routine maintenance) while saving the cost of building on to the dealership. The next closest Ford, with a different name, is a sister store to them as well so I thought the van might service both, but it appears to be branded with just this dealership name.
Sponsored