Ford confirms First Edition Sport will not have Co-Pilot 360 +

Will you walk away from the FE Sport knowing it’s not “fully loaded” as Ford led us to believe?

• I’ll ditch my plans altogether and will keep my current vehicle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I got my "window sticker" for my FE today and it clearly shows Ford Co-Pilot 360 is included.

I am disappointed the FE does NOT include Adaptive Cruise Control even though some of the other Bronco Sport models do include it.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford confirms First Edition Sport will not have Co-Pilot 360 + 1606877699959
All Bronco Sport trim levels have Ford Co-Pilot 360. This is not the same thing as Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist+.

A number of FE’s aren’t scheduled until February so I don’t really think of them as”early” either.
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
After replacing our 2017 Edge Sport with a 2020 Edge ST and trying out the Adaptive Cruise Control, lane centering, etc. included in Co-Pilot 360+, those are nice to have, but not need to have features, for me.

I generally liked the Adaptive Cruise Control, but I also noticed I would tend to slow down a lot more than I thought sometimes (due to slower traffic ahead in my lane) and not really notice that the car had slowed me 10-15mph. I think this was a bigger issue when I had the buffer set to the longer end of the spectrum, but at a certain point it started to get annoying. The whole point of adaptive cruise was to not have to think about it, right?

If people cut you off within the buffer, the car also aggressively brakes, which I don't love. I worry about the potential for secondary issues being caused in winter weather conditions on the highway after some "hero" flies by me and cuts me off. The traction control and winter tires help, but I just got the car in October, so I don't know how valid of a concern this is. The cruise control feature doesn't work standalone without the "adaptive" part of it, so you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I'm more annoyed at the dishonest marketing by Ford here, deliberate or not. Don't call this the "fully loaded" version of the car when it's not and then give zero explanation as to why a "lower" trim model is available with features the "fully loaded" version isn't. Whether it's a technical/engineering issue or cost concern that makes it not practical to offer the feature on the First Edition, why not say so? The number of times we've seen this issue raised here and nobody from Ford or their dealership network having any logical explanation for it irks me the most. If this is just an oversight, that's even more embarrassing.

I'm more nervous about the navy pier at this point than anything else.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree with everything you said, including the Navy Pier - LOL.
I'm glad I got to drive 5k miles in a vehicle with the "missing" (from the Bronco Sport First Edition) Co-Pilot 360 features to better understand what they were because I was more likely to walk away from my order or switch to a BL+BL when I didn't understand how they worked and how much I did (or didn't) like them.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Totally agree with everything you said, including the Navy Pier - LOL.
I also agree with everything RonSwanson said.... Assist + would have been nice but not a deal breaker. Still trying to figure out the premium price if you can build the BL + BL with Assist +, tow package, etc for less than the FE - decals can't be that expensive.

I will add that my only email from Ford indicated a build week of January 4 and the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website that you enter your VIN into is telling me:
Welcome!
Your 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition is "In Production"

Hopefully that is in fact correct!

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also agree with everything RonSwanson said.... Assist + would have been nice but not a deal breaker. Still trying to figure out the premium price if you can build the BL + BL with Assist +, tow package, etc for less than the FE - decals can't be that expensive.

I will add that my only email from Ford indicated a build week of January 4 and the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website that you enter your VIN into is telling me:
Welcome!
Your 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition is "In Production"

Hopefully that is in fact correct!
You got the VIN# from your dealer, correct?

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You got the VIN# from your dealer, correct?
That is correct, I had to call the dealership to request the VIN. I have gone to the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website and entered the VIN and noticed the status update a couple days ago with a message stating:
Scheduled for Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.

I have also been able to view and print my Window Sticker :)

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the dealer and they said they couldn't get a VIN until it actually entered production, so sometime next week they might have it.

Seems inconsistent with what others on here are saying, but the dealership has consistently sucked throughout this entire process, so ?‍♂

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
You can't get the VIN until it's been preliminarily scheduled for production, this is true. You should get it before it's getting built. I dunno, my sales guy emailed it to me about a week or two after I got the production email.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I called the dealer and they said they couldn't get a VIN until it actually entered production, so sometime next week they might have it.

Seems inconsistent with what others on here are saying, but the dealership has consistently sucked throughout this entire process, so ?‍♂
Absolutely correct. Our dealers have been consistently inconsistent. Almost all dealers have 24/7 access to WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering system). They can pull up a vehicle status report for your order that has everything affecting your order (including VIN and scheduled build date). Problem is a lot of sales folks don't know that. If that's the case, contact the new car sales manager, the inventory manager, or the general manager. Remind them they can track your vehicle using WBDO and ask for a "vehicle visibility status report".

Heck, I resorted to bribery. I got a couple of Bronco coffee mugs that attach to the Mollie straps off Amazon. Gave them to my salesman and his manager. We have a much better relationship now. :wink:

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
question aint you buying a bronco to drive it ? why do yous want the 360 +to drive the bronco ... take the bus !