Traderdough

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey! I just bought a Bronco Sport OuterBanks the other week and saw some YouTube videos about parts missing in the engine and underneath. I haven’t look at mine yet but anyone missing parts?
I noticed that I don’t have everything that is listed on the window sticker for the vehicle such as the sunroof. Ford recalled the sunroof on all the bronco sport cars so they are sending the cars out without them. If it’s on the window sticker, what’s the protocol? If there are missing parts and shortages does that mean the dealerships are able to get away with it?
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hey! I just bought a Bronco Sport OuterBanks the other week and saw some YouTube videos about parts missing in the engine and underneath. I haven’t look at mine yet but anyone missing parts?
I noticed that I don’t have everything that is listed on the window sticker for the vehicle such as the sunroof. Ford recalled the sunroof on all the bronco sport cars so they are sending the cars out without them. If it’s on the window sticker, what’s the protocol? If there are missing parts and shortages does that mean the dealerships are able to get away with it?
First thing is to make sure the VIN on your sticker matches the VIN on your vehicle to ensure the sticker is for that vehicle, especially since moonroofs are part of the pricing. Items on the sticker are what you pay for.

Even if they do, I would then also cross check and take the VIN from your vehicle and run it at this website to see if it pulls up the same sticker to ensure someone did not alter the sticker on your vehicle.

https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

If they do match and items such as the moonroof is not on you vehicle but listed on the valid sticker, the dealer owes you some cash in my opinion. The sticker is a federally required item so if a moonroof ends up not being on a vehicle, Ford will not put it on the sticker.

BSs shipped after a certain date do not have engine covers, but those are not sticker listed items Which you should get 100% of

Last edited:

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
There is a recall on the moonroof but only for builds in late April and May. Ford did not ship cars that were ordered with a moonroof without the moonroof. As Rgill said if it's on your window sticker then you are entitled to it. Check your sticker and talk with your dealer.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
The only videos/discussions I seen about "parts missing" are items not on build sheets nor the window sticker... namely the engine cover which Ford stopped including on builds this year. It is not "missing" as-in Ford made the decision to stop installing it.

OP
OP

Traderdough

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There is a recall on the moonroof but only for builds in late April and May. Ford did not ship cars that were ordered with a moonroof without the moonroof. As Rgill said if it's on your window sticker then you are entitled to it. Check your sticker and talk with your dealer.
Really good to know! Yes, it is on the sticker which is confusing. Appreciate the feedback
First thing is to make sure the VIN on your sticker matches the VIN on your vehicle to ensure the sticker is for that vehicle, especially since moonroofs are part of the pricing. Items on the sticker are what you pay for.

Even if they do, I would then also cross check and take the VIN from your vehicle and run it at this website to see if it pulls up the same sticker to ensure someone did not alter the sticker on your vehicle.

https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

If they do match and items such as the moonroof is not on you vehicle but listed on the valid sticker, the dealer owes you some cash in my opinion. The sticker is a federally required item so if a moonroof ends up not being on a vehicle, Ford will not put it on the sticker.

BSs shipped after a certain date do not have engine covers, but those are not sticker listed items Which you should get 100% of
thank you!! I am going to check all of this out today and will let you know what I discover. I opened the hood and the engine cover is not there which sucks. Guess that’s on me for not knowing in advance though. More concerned about the sunroof.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
The window sticker isn't going to include incidental parts like an engine cover though.

Floordog2

Big Bend
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Edge, 2022 Bronco Sport
The site 'Ford Authority' says 4G LTE wifi Hotspot equipment being removed from Bronco Sport and other Ford Pickups and SUVs due to supply constraints.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
The site 'Ford Authority' says 4G LTE wifi Hotspot equipment being removed from Bronco Sport and other Ford Pickups and SUVs due to supply constraints.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/some-ford-suvs-pickups-to-drop-4g-lte-wi-fi-hotspot-feature/

"Vehicles impacted by this change will receive a $20 credit reflected on the window sticker and invoice, while customers that order one of these models in the future may be able to opt for a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot removal option to help avoid production delays. Vehicles that are built with the deletion option won’t be eligible to be retrofitted in the future, however. Meanwhile, no other FordPass Connect feature is impacted by this deletion. Those features currently include the ability to remotely start, lock, and unlock a vehicle, schedule specific times for the vehicle to remote start, locate a parked vehicle, and check the vehicle’s status."

"will receive a $20 credit reflected on the window sticker"
exceedingly generous
Sponsored