BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wow what a fun time in my Badlands! I went up some pretty steep sand trails this weekend and got some great pics! My Favorite was the ones I took at sunset. I will say Sand Mode felt a little too low and not enough power, ended up switching it to Mud /Ruts with a better power delivery. Totally impressed with my BSB though! Nice job Ford!

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 747A99C2-5226-428A-BCE1-5469C12081A2

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 187E492D-344F-4B62-894F-BF2BBE338613

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 5B32FE3D-D9AC-4884-B7AF-0F9BF3374662

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 609CA4BF-AC2C-4DE7-91E2-50C8328180BD

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 2419D042-29F3-4687-BB3F-B186DDFAF8A7

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 14015548-BAB7-416E-8C5E-237475840C95
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Wow what a fun time in my Badlands! I went up some pretty steep sand trails this weekend and got some great pics! My Favorite was the ones I took at sunset. I will say Sand Mode felt a little too low and not enough power, ended up switching it to Mud /Ruts with a better power delivery. Totally impressed with my BSB though! Nice job Ford!

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 187E492D-344F-4B62-894F-BF2BBE338613
Really lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Here are a few more!

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 13893AD3-381B-4965-B283-4CF287885F58

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 374094EC-8188-467F-869E-4955C95FA9C4

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! D86B77FD-29A9-4D4B-A97F-F4FBDC837B4E
I am sure you probably know this, but thought I'd make the recommendation just in case. After driving in the ocean, and beach, I always find a place to get the undercarriage cleaned off. That salt water just penetrates everywhere.

I love that area and enjoy driving on the beach. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sure you probably know this, but thought I'd make the recommendation just in case. After driving in the ocean, and beach, I always find a place to get the undercarriage cleaned off. That salt water just penetrates everywhere.

I love that area and enjoy driving on the beach. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Ohh for sure, salt water is corrosive!!... I have a undercarriage sprayer/cleaner that attaches to my pressure washer.... it's on wheels and has like 5-6 jets that spray upwards....works great! So I sprayed it down real good last night, knowing its going to rain and snow today!..... geesh!

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
Ohh for sure, salt water is corrosive!!... I have a undercarriage sprayer/cleaner that attaches to my pressure washer.... it's on wheels and has like 5-6 jets that spray upwards....works great! So I sprayed it down real good last night, knowing its going to rain and snow today!..... geesh!
Oh cool .Can you share a link. Sounds like something I should add to my shop!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great shots! Here's mine on the Washington coast.
Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! IMG_8457(1).JPG

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These photos and the Tik Tok video genuinely made me smile. This is what I hope everyone who has a Badlands gets to experience - That feeling of adventure and being able to go almost anywhere. Thank you for sharing!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 747A99C2-5226-428A-BCE1-5469C12081A2

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 5B32FE3D-D9AC-4884-B7AF-0F9BF3374662

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 609CA4BF-AC2C-4DE7-91E2-50C8328180BD

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 2419D042-29F3-4687-BB3F-B186DDFAF8A7

Ford Bronco Sport Florence, Oregon ATV dunes in Bronco Sport Badlands! 14015548-BAB7-416E-8C5E-237475840C95
Your comment about the GOAT Mode is interesting. It seems people reviewing the BSBL preferred sand mode for more situations over mud and ruts. Your experience was different. Thanks for the insight. Nice pictures by the way.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your comment about the GOAT Mode is interesting. It seems people reviewing the BSBL preferred sand mode for more situations over mud and ruts. Your experience was different. Thanks for the insight. Nice pictures by the way.
Technically speaking, I really don't know the differences between the two modes. The two modes seemed similar to me.... EXCEPT sand mode definitely felt like it kept the engine power lower, would not let you go very fast....like when trying to gain speed on a sand hill. Vrs Mud and Ruts allowed me to gain some much needed speed up a hill. Both modes definitely pipe in fake engine noise which was great and upped the experience. And both modes allowed the front camera to stay on even at 40MPH on the beach! A lot of people with actual ATV's were impressed a Bronco Sport was even out on the trails! Lots of thumbs up from Jeep people too! Was a great time! Definitely worth the $10 for the permit at $40 for the flag and attachment!

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Are you on the trails at South Jetty or up north of the harbor? How did you get out to the water? Is your flag part of that basket? I ended up getting a mount that goes in the hitch, but I want to upgrade to something that goes further forward but I don't want to suction cup it on.

We went out the South Jetty OHV lot and through the sand lake and then down that last crazy high dune to the water. Going down no problem, going back up was pretty dicey. I'd like to find an easier access point, especially for getting back onto the road. The really easy access right at the river mouth is closed most of the year.

Have to concur with your assessment of sand mode. It's great on "sand". A bit low power if you're trying to climb a dune. I had to start waaaay back from the dune and gun it to get enough speed to get up and over. First try I dug in pretty good on the hill but fortunately I was able to back out and down to give it another go. That was last August at the Bronco Roundup so if I did get stuck, at least it would be another Bronco doing recovery :cool:

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Technically speaking, I really don't know the differences between the two modes. The two modes seemed similar to me.... EXCEPT sand mode definitely felt like it kept the engine power lower, would not let you go very fast....like when trying to gain speed on a sand hill. Vrs Mud and Ruts allowed me to gain some much needed speed up a hill. Both modes definitely pipe in fake engine noise which was great and upped the experience. And both modes allowed the front camera to stay on even at 40MPH on the beach! A lot of people with actual ATV's were impressed a Bronco Sport was even out on the trails! Lots of thumbs up from Jeep people too! Was a great time! Definitely worth the $10 for the permit at $40 for the flag and attachment!
In my experience, sand mode takes the traction control off and is the only mode that does that. I've had mine in the sand, although not very deep, and sand mode, to me, was way better than the other modes. All the other modes would start applying the traction control if a wheel slipped and bog down the Bronco. Sounds like you experienced the opposite!
Sponsored