Jfinn86

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I have a tyger roof basket on my BL. Has anyone seen or come up with any good ideas for mounting fishing rod holders on the basket?
Sponsored

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Made one some years ago - 3" dia x 8' pipe, some foam at each end, fixed cap and screw on cap, then pair of u bolts and big plastic handle nuts. Worked great.
Now I use one of the headrest mount interior rod holders...

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a tyger roof basket on my BL. Has anyone seen or come up with any good ideas for mounting fishing rod holders on the basket?
Like a rod vault?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Made one some years ago - 3" dia x 8' pipe, some foam at each end, fixed cap and screw on cap, then pair of u bolts and big plastic handle nuts. Worked great.
Now I use one of the headrest mount interior rod holders...
After trying several different rod mounds, I also ended up with the headrest interior holder. Works well and keeps the rods securely inside the car.

OP
OP
Jfinn86

Jfinn86

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
After trying several different rod mounds, I also ended up with the headrest interior holder. Works well and keeps the rods securely inside the car.
I have the headrest holder for my smaller freshwater rods but I need something on top for larger surfcasting rods.

Jonstieger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I use a Plano airliner telescoping Rod case for inside the sport. Maybe you throw something like that up top n bungee it down?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would concur with the PVC pipe...put foam on each end, and it's pretty secure. Used the same setup for our pole vaulters, and as well when I worked with a paint crew, we put a lot of tools on the roof of the truck that way. It's easy to secure and protects whatever is in there.
Sponsored