kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Took the new Bronco Sport Badlands on a road trip that was over 1650 miles round-trip, with a couple of my friends. Went from Illinois down to Ponchatoula, Louisiana to visit another mutual friend of ours and his family, as kind of a mini-vacation trip for all of us. (The day after we arrived, we made a drive of an hour or so each way so we could do a swamp tour on a boat.)

I attached a Harbor Freight hitch-hauler to the tow hitch on the back and tied down my suitcase on it, to give us some more room in the vehicle. Honestly though? If it wasn't for a need to take a knee scooter and a pair of crutches along for our friend who broke a leg just before the trip, I think all of our bags would have fit just fine.

Had zero issues the whole trip and I think everyone was comfortable the whole way. My friends are already talking about the idea of doing a couple other road trips this year if everyone is up for them. I have to say, this makes me more convinced I made the right choice buying this instead of a full size Bronco, just looking at how much more the gasoline would have cost for a trip like this one. The Bronco Sport is definitely not a "big" vehicle by any means, but the fact we did this trip as 3 adults and it gave the person in the back seat room to lie down across the seats if needed, plus room for even more luggage than we had tells me it's big enough for anything I'm doing with it. (I would have thought differently when I was married and we had a family of 6, including grandma living with us. But these days, that's no longer a concern.)

We didn't have much need to go off-road for this trip, but we did have a couple of occasions where we had to park in muddy, unpaved spots and drove in and out on gravel roads. I can tell you my friend who lived out there was kind of concerned his car might be stuck in those situations, as he was in a Chevy Malibu. (So often, it's these little scenarios where it's nice having a 4WD capable vehicle, even if you're not all decked out for rock crawling up cliffs! When I had my Jeep Wrangler, I encountered it a lot too. We'd go out to see fireworks around July 4th. and they'd have everyone park in some marshy field, where half the people were struggling to get their vans or cars back out. Stuff like that.)
Sponsored