First responder incentive?

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
Does anyone know if a home health nurse with paramedic certification qualifies for this program and what the incentive is?
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Does anyone know if a home health nurse with paramedic certification qualifies for this program and what the incentive is?
Its $500 and your EMT-P state or national cert will be good to get it on the website Ford uses (ID.me) HOWEVER, as of right now, that specific offer isn't applicable to a Bronco sport but does apply to many other Fords.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its $500 and your EMT-P state or national cert will be good to get it on the website Ford uses (ID.me) HOWEVER, as of right now, that specific offer isn't applicable to a Bronco sport but does apply to many other Fords.
oh, okay. Thank you! I thought it applied. Maybe it will next month.

Sargent28

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang
Sadly doesn't apply to the sport. I'm a doctor and a vet and neither mattered haha.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
oh, okay. Thank you! I thought it applied. Maybe it will next month.
If it were me, I’d definitely check regardless of what the offer says at the time of your purchase.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it were me, I’d definitely check regardless of what the offer says at the time of your purchase.
probably not a bad idea. Thank you.

and Thank You for your service Sergeant

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I wasn't able to get a first responder discount (FF/EMT) but I was able to get some accessories tossed in from the dealer and two separate $500 discounts along with them so it was a wash in the end. Try to negotiate for other options while your there, it never hurts to ask and be willing to walk if you don't get what you want.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I wasn't able to get a first responder discount (FF/EMT) but I was able to get some accessories tossed in from the dealer and two separate $500 discounts along with them so it was a wash in the end. Try to negotiate for other options while your there, it never hurts to ask and be willing to walk if you don't get what you want.
willing to walk over an incentive...I guess to each their own. It's great they gave you some perks along the way, and post 9-11 I have to say getting free food and a sense of community pride was cool...but turning down a purchase over a hard to find vehicle vs. an incentive for being a medic seems petty to me. I asked about one, my dealer said he'd put it in the notes, and have to see what the owner had to say about it. Wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Glad it worked out for you, again to each their own, thanks for your community service.

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
as a full time first responder form NJ with 30 year of service i do not do my job for a dealer to give me 500 bucks off of a truck that i want but...a faster delivery as a thank you would have been a great thank you p.s.( i dont do my job for discounts i enjoy what i do and am proud of the men and women that chose to serve)and please remember Officer William "Billy" Evans who went to work today and was killed .??

Last edited:

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
willing to walk over an incentive...I guess to each their own. It's great they gave you some perks along the way, and post 9-11 I have to say getting free food and a sense of community pride was cool...but turning down a purchase over a hard to find vehicle vs. an incentive for being a medic seems petty to me. I asked about one, my dealer said he'd put it in the notes, and have to see what the owner had to say about it. Wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Glad it worked out for you, again to each their own, thanks for your community service.
There is a difference between being willing to walk on a deal and being petty over an incentive. I didn't even ask for a first responder discount because it wasn't available on the Sport. All I'm saying is that not everyone is content with walking into a dealership and paying sticker price. At the end of the day dealerships need to move volume. Knowing how a dealership works allows a buyer to leverage in different ways to get a better deal. I was simply saying that just because one may not get $500 off for their job, doesn't mean there aren't other ways to save a few bucks. I personally think a first responder incentive is gimmicky and not necessary. No job is more important than another.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There is a difference between being willing to walk on a deal and being petty over an incentive. I didn't even ask for a first responder discount because it wasn't available on the Sport. All I'm saying is that not everyone is content with walking into a dealership and paying sticker price. At the end of the day dealerships need to move volume. Knowing how a dealership works allows a buyer to leverage in different ways to get a better deal. I was simply saying that just because one may not get $500 off for their job, doesn't mean there aren't other ways to save a few bucks. I personally think a first responder incentive is gimmicky and not necessary. No job is more important than another.
Fair enough. The internet is interpretational, sometimes your meaning is lost in reading. This is one of those scenarios where dealers have the leverage with hard to find, long to build, high demand vehicles. I'd say if incentives and gifts is the most important part of the purchase plan, walking is the best option. I'd guess in six months the sports will be much more accessible and the big bronco will overtake the wants. Time will tell.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
strongly disagree with your last statement my friend. However, everyone us entitled to their own opinion.
Sponsored