First Issue w/ FE Bronco Sport - Infant Car seat!

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
They shrunk up the back seat from the Escape to make more room in the rear cargo. It's one of those design choices where there wasn't a way to make both ideal with the size of the vehicle.

I personally rarely have more than a single additional person in my car so it's the choice I'd prefer bit obviously it's an issue for people with kids.
Sponsored

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My first Mom "fail" was ordering an infant car seat without checking measurements to confirm it would fit in the back seat of my car (Suzuki SX4). So, I ended up getting a bigger car? (Mazda CX9).
The thing to keep in mind is that the real space hogs of car seats are the rear facing seats, and when the kiddos can switch to forward facing, the seats can fit in just about anything, including the Bronco Sport. Also, try putting it in the middle of the back seat, that might give you the room you need.

Teenie

Big Bend
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey All!

Absolutely LOVING my FE still, received my order late December 2020.

Finally encountered our first “issue” when trying to install our Doona convertible car seat & base for our newborn in the back seat.

Installation was easy for the backseat clips, but in order to completely fit the seat, the passenger seat needs to be moved forward to the point that my 5’8” wife can barely fit in the car…The car seat also barely fits through the rear door frame without completely scraping my hands while holding the seat.

Bummed that the space in the back seems to be spacious for friends who are well over 6 foot tall, but tremendously cramped when installing an infant car seat.

Anyone else encounter similar issues?

We just brought our Bronco home tonight and we had the same exact problem. We have a Chicco Fit2 carseat and I barely fit in the front seat at 5'6 and there's no way my fiance would fit

moserp624

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Mazda CX-5
I installed my car seats (plural) and compared to our other car (Mazda CX-5) it feels about the same. Maybe a little less room due to the pitch of the seats as others have mentioned. The car seats appear to fit fine with room for the kids and front passenger. I am 5'7" and sat in the passenger seat comfortably. The car seat we have doesn't fold out to a stroller and is forward facing, that could be a difference here.

The BS is also my "dad car" "upgrade" from my mustang. So it definitely has more car seat capability than my mustang that just never had kids in it. It's all relative.

Only installed the seats so far. I'll take a trip this weekend with the kids and wife all packed in and see if anything changes regarding everyone's comfort/fit.

OP
OP
ChupaKobra

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I installed my car seats (plural) and compared to our other car (Mazda CX-5) it feels about the same. Maybe a little less room due to the pitch of the seats as others have mentioned. The car seats appear to fit fine with room for the kids and front passenger. I am 5'7" and sat in the passenger seat comfortably. The car seat we have doesn't fold out to a stroller and is forward facing, that could be a difference here.

The BS is also my "dad car" "upgrade" from my mustang. So it definitely has more car seat capability than my mustang that just never had kids in it. It's all relative.

Only installed the seats so far. I'll take a trip this weekend with the kids and wife all packed in and see if anything changes regarding everyone's comfort/fit.
The big kicker seems to be the rear facing vs forward facing.

Much more room once you’re able to adjust to forward facing!

BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback

What car seats do you have?

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Graco tri ride for our 17 month old. Tight fit. But not God awful. She is almost where she can front face. I am 5'9" and can sit in passenger seat pretty comfortably.
Sponsored