First Edition Wheels, Are they More Delicate?

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Thanks everyone for all the info.

I ended up purchasing a set of optional BL wheels on here. I think they'll work out better.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Okay, rant warning, this is entirely my opinion on black wheels.

Like a black car, the wheel itself only looks “good” when it has just been cleaned. As you are concerned about, they also show any and all scratches.

That being said, black wheels hide all the details of a wheel, which to me is terrible. They just turn into “black holes” that have no style to them. Unless you are up close to them, they are just a blank.

Now, mount a tire on that shiny black wheel. Now you have competing colors because black is more than just black. The only time it sort of looks okay is again when the wheels are clean and the tires have some “AmourAll” on them. A couple of days later the pair looks like crap again because the tire is dull/dirty and you have something that is kind of black against something that is shiny black.

God forbid you do all of this on a black car. Then you have 3 different blacks all competing.

Rant off
Little harder to take care of , but worth it .
Ford Bronco Sport First Edition Wheels, Are they More Delicate? 91E6D89B-50DF-4A39-A601-FD1ABAD28C10

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Maybe, but I think the low-gloss optionals will work out best for me.

Reactions: Jrl

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Okay, rant warning, this is entirely my opinion on black wheels.

Like a black car, the wheel itself only looks “good” when it has just been cleaned. As you are concerned about, they also show any and all scratches.

That being said, black wheels hide all the details of a wheel, which to me is terrible. They just turn into “black holes” that have no style to them. Unless you are up close to them, they are just a blank.

Now, mount a tire on that shiny black wheel. Now you have competing colors because black is more than just black. The only time it sort of looks okay is again when the wheels are clean and the tires have some “AmourAll” on them. A couple of days later the pair looks like crap again because the tire is dull/dirty and you have something that is kind of black against something that is shiny black.

God forbid you do all of this on a black car. Then you have 3 different blacks all competing.

Rant off
I hear you.
Sponsored