Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
We just got 4+" and I took the OB on an un-maintained road. What I found when I pulled into it was the plow burm was about 10" and the slope was steeper than I thought (not easy to see in the video).
I had to end the vid early because I was coming through that snow plow pile back onto a major road. All I can say is I had to stop halfway up and then just heald the petal down and she just climbed right through it... In eco mode!...awesome

Hey that's great. Is the road you're on paved or dirt?
Sponsored

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You folks who drive while holding a phone for recording make me nervous. Why not get a mount? You'll get a lot better video (better stabilized) and you can concentrate on driving instead of operating the phone.
Ya, I honestly wasn't planning on doing that. A dash mount is on the list.

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got a chance to take mine out in this storm too. The Sand mode is weird in the snow, Slippery was mostly fine. But really it seemed like changing modes was almost unnecessary.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Here's a video of my BS/BL on an unplowed road in a state forest in Ma. Normally this road is gated shut. I was happily surprised to see the gates opened and had the opportunity to take my new car on some freshly fallen snow. The tracks seen in the video are from my first pass through the road. I was glad to find out that the traction control on these vehicles actually work. When the car did slide a bit the TC took me out of it before I really even had a chance to steer out of it.

Snow performance was my main reason for getting a Sport and I'm not disappointed at all.

Thank you for sharing, Ben! So happy you're satisfied with the traction control in the snow. It's so cool to see your Bronco Sport in action!

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a chance to take mine out in this storm too. The Sand mode is weird in the snow, Slippery was mostly fine. But really it seemed like changing modes was almost unnecessary.
I agree. I think slippery mode may give some added assurance but Normal Mode will get you where you want just as easily. Or like Goatsybanks said using Eco Mode could be a benefit with the lighter acceleration. I haven't tried that yet but I will in the next snow storm.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing, Ben! So happy you're satisfied with the traction control in the snow. It's so cool to see your Bronco Sport in action!
Thanks Ford and thank you for keeping an eye on us. It means a lot knowing that you're keeping track of our satisfactions and dissatisfactions. When it comes to snow safety, I'm fully satisfied. This thing works!!

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's another video I recorded of an off road trail along some power lines. I don't know if I was breaking the law but the gates were all open so I gave it a shot. Also, someone else had already driven through. I don't think I'd have done it in untouched snow not knowing where exactly the trail is. As you might expect the BS/BL had zero issues. It's absolutely shocking how good this vehicle is!!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks Ford and thank you for keeping an eye on us. It means a lot knowing that you're keeping track of our satisfactions and dissatisfactions. When it comes to snow safety, I'm fully satisfied. This thing works!!
I have to agree 100%. I’m impressed that manufacturer employee(s) are checking forums & reaching out to help members with their vehicle issues. I hope not to have issues with mine when it arrives, but should I need it, it’s impressive to see the help available.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Finally Some Snow!!! EF4E8E45-4D12-4DCF-B451-4AAFFF584649

We received 3-4” of snow overnight here in Ohio. I needed to fill my gas can for my snowblower so I decided to take the Bronco even though it was clean and shiny. On the way to the gas station I traveled the unplowed roads in the Normal mode. I have the Falkens and they performed well with slippage when I gave it gas. Easy to control. Coming home was a far different story. I switched to Slippery mode and was stunned by the difference. Couldn’t get the Bronco to lose control or slip at all. It’s safe to say that the Goat modes aren’t just for looks. Well done Ford.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

We received 3-4” of snow overnight here in Ohio. I needed to fill my gas can for my snowblower so I decided to take the Bronco even though it was clean and shiny. On the way to the gas station I traveled the unplowed roads in the Normal mode. I have the Falkens and they performed well with slippage when I gave it gas. Easy to control. Coming home was a far different story. I switched to Slippery mode and was stunned by the difference. Couldn’t get the Bronco to lose control or slip at all. It’s safe to say that the Goat modes aren’t just for looks. Well done Ford.
Nice pics. Did you find that when you were driving in normal mode you might have been driving faster. Then when you were on the way home and put it in Slippery mode maybe you were driving slower? Just questions to conversation.
Or same speed?

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Nice pics. Did you find that when you were driving in normal mode you might have been driving faster. Then when you were on the way home and put it in Slippery mode maybe you were driving slower? Just questions to conversation.
Or same speed?
Definitely about the same speed. I even tried giving more gas in the slippery mode.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We got several inches last night so this morning was my first time driving the badlands in snow. Comparing this thing to every other vehicle I've had is laughable. In slippery mode, it is pretty darn close to driving on a dry road - like the snow isn't even there. I had to try pretty hard to get her to slide. Super happy with this so far; an absolute joy coming from an older RWD vehicle.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...an absolute joy coming from an older RWD vehicle.
Oh the joy of RWD in snow. I learned to drive in northern Utah. My first car was a 1972 Plymouth Satellite four-door. With the standard 175/70R17 tires that thing was an absolute pig in the snow. But we managed to get around.

EDIT: They were 75R14; I don't remember for sure what the width was, but I believe they were 205.

Last edited:

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Oh the joy of RWD in snow. I learned to drive in northern Utah. My first car was a 1972 Plymouth Satellite four-door. With the standard 175/70R17 tires that thing was an absolute pig in the snow. But we managed to get around.
I feel ya, I learned to drive on my old man's 1977 Cadillac. It was approximately 700 feet long and RWD ?

wish we still had that thing around
Sponsored