Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Here's a video of my BS/BL on an unplowed road in a state forest in Ma. Normally this road is gated shut. I was happily surprised to see the gates opened and had the opportunity to take my new car on some freshly fallen snow. The tracks seen in the video are from my first pass through the road. I was glad to find out that the traction control on these vehicles actually work. When the car did slide a bit the TC took me out of it before I really even had a chance to steer out of it.

Snow performance was my main reason for getting a Sport and I'm not disappointed at all.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Here's a video of my BS/BL on an unplowed road in a state forest in Ma. Normally this road is gated shut. I was happily surprised to see the gates opened and had the opportunity to take my new car on some freshly fallen snow. The tracks seen in the video are from my first pass through the road. I was glad to find out that the traction control on these vehicles actually work. When the car did slide a bit the TC took me out of it before I really even had a chance to steer out of it.
Snow performance was my main reason for getting a Sport and I'm not disappointed at all.

Is that Blue Hills by any chance ???

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that Blue Hills by any chance ???
Nope, that's in Harold Parker State Forest in Andover and North Andover, Ma. The road has been blocked for at least 40 years because neither of the two towns wanted to patrol the road so they just gated it off to the public. It's usually only opened up for emergencies. I don't know why it was on this day but I'm glad it was.

Last edited:

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Normal mode or?

Nice video!

Lobster

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 1bronco sport
great video !! they are fun to drive they dig in and go!!!

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Normal mode or?

Nice video!
I think I was in Normal Mode here. I did try Slippery and Sand also. Sand was too rev happy for the snow. Also tried TC on and off. TC on worked so well that I opted for that, of course, TC off is great for screwing around.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Thanks for sharing! This was also one of the main reasons I had for getting a sport. Hoping it’s still snowing when mine finally comes.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the report. May I ask which tires?
I got to pay extra for the Falkens that are practically the same price as the Pirellis. I didn't get a choice because that's how the car came off the lot but if given the choice I'd get the Falkens anyway.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing! This was also one of the main reasons I had for getting a sport. Hoping it’s still snowing when mine finally comes.
I hope the timing works out for you too. If not, you at least get to enjoy a clean car until next winter.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Surprisingly enough I am finding the "eco mode" is great for snow!
It doesn't hold the RPM's high that can cause sliding when lifting off the throttle, it doesn't hold back if you put the petal down or effect shifting and steering like with "Slippery mode".
That with turning off traction control works awesome. If you want to slide around corners you just hold the throttle down and the vehicle doesn't try and correct.
I am running these 245 cooper AT-3's

Ford Bronco Sport Finally Some Snow!!! 20211129_120225

We just got 4+" and I took the OB on an un-maintained road. What I found when I pulled into it was the plow burm was about 10" and the slope was steeper than I thought (not easy to see in the video).
I had to end the vid early because I was coming through that snow plow pile back onto a major road. All I can say is I had to stop halfway up and then just heald the petal down and she just climbed right through it... In eco mode!...awesome

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We just got 4+" and I took the OB on an un-maintained road. What I found when I pulled into it was the plow burm was about 10" and the slope was steeper than I thought (not easy to see in the video).
You folks who drive while holding a phone for recording make me nervous. Why not get a mount? You'll get a lot better video (better stabilized) and you can concentrate on driving instead of operating the phone.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You folks who drive while holding a phone for recording make me nervous. Why not get a mount? You'll get a lot better video (better stabilized) and you can concentrate on driving instead of operating the phone.
I know it's not ideal. I wouldn't be recording by hand on an open road and a phone holder definitely makes for a steadier picture.
Sponsored