Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? 204CD6BE-1E94-4EED-A379-1020D4589114
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? 60E43A32-021A-429A-841A-B2DD1F4731A9
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? F9391D0E-BA11-4C44-862C-AAE831B21DC7
The Bronze Smoke Metallic really gleams in the sun close up…!
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After my fusion with 19" wheels required multiple repairs and at least two replacements over the two and a half years that I had it, I'm pretty disillusioned with alloy wheels. Some issues are my fault with potholes and whatnot but the idea that I may have to pay $500 or more for one wheel if I don't swerve or accidentally curb something and want to fix it is pretty insane.

The Badlands I have right now has the "steelies". When I heard they were alloy I was really annoyed. But the 17-in wheel means a bit more rubber before the curb as near as I can tell and experience has made me drive much more carefully. The added benefit of the bronco sport being able to roll over the curb or take a few bumps makes me feel better.

If I could swap out genuine steel wheels and still retain the same look or paint them to look the same, I would. Just for cost reasons.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My dealer already had an order in and just modified it for me when I purchased. I didn't notice that he didn't take off the upgraded wheels and tires. After seeing that they are wider and better tires, I didn't argue about it. I actually prefer the look of the standard wheels. I had alloy wheels on my Jeep Liberty for 15 years without issue, and did lots of off-roading.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
I love the look of the "steelies", and if I had ordered a Sport, that's what would have been on the list. But the one on the lot had the mags, so I'll live with them - it wasn't a deal breaker.
Sponsored