Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Have not seen many posts about the Carbon Gray Low Gloss OEM wheels.

Can anyone who has them provide any feedback?

My ordered BL has them unlike my current BL.
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I chose them simply because I liked them, otherwise I think technical spec wise theyā€™re the same. Same size & all.

Up here where that ā€˜styleā€™ is commonly associated with cheap winter tire rims so Iā€™ve gotten a couple people wonder why Iā€™d pay extra for that. But to me they say more ā€˜vintage 4x4ā€™ than cheap crappy tire special, which is I think what Ford was going for.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Will definitely stand out because there are not many out there! Tend to agree.

Reactions: MJE

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Ordered them on my BL as I wanted something a little different from the ā€œmagā€ look you always see.
Changed to the one piece, satin black lug nuts ā€” gives a really nice understated look.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Looking for overall impressions i.e., good finish, how they hold up off-road, anything you donā€™t like and like about them compared to the other BL option.

I will also probably go with the 235/65/17 OEM tires unless I can figure out if the dealer will swap out my BGG KO2s.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Looking for overall impressions i.e., good finish, how they hold up off-road, anything you donā€™t like and like about them compared to the other BL option.

I will also probably go with the 235/65/17 OEM tires unless I can figure out if the dealer will swap out my BGG KO2s.
They are nicely finished, with a gloss clearcoat. Very easy to keep clean. Nothing noted regarding ride qualityā€”they seem to ride as well as any other alloy wheel.

Although I've driven on the occasional dirt/gravel road, I haven't used these wheels for any actual off-road driving, and probably won't. Why? Although alloy wheels are harder to bend than steel wheels, when they do bend they crack, and cracked wheels don't hold air. If you bend a steelie you stand a better chance at pounding it back into shape enough to hold air. So I plan to purchase a set of 16" steelies with K02s mounted on them for my off-road adventures.

I don't really have any complaints about these wheels other than they're a bit pricey. That, of course, makes it less likely you'll see other Badlands with them.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
They are nicely finished, with a gloss clearcoat. Very easy to keep clean. Nothing noted regarding ride qualityā€”they seem to ride as well as any other alloy wheel.

Although I've driven on the occasional dirt/gravel road, I haven't used these wheels for any actual off-road driving, and probably won't. Why? Although alloy wheels are harder to bend than steel wheels, when they do bend they crack, and cracked wheels don't hold air. If you bend a steelie you stand a better chance at pounding it back into shape enough to hold air. So I plan to purchase a set of 16" steelies with K02s mounted on them for my off-road adventures.

I don't really have any complaints about these wheels other than they're a bit pricey. That, of course, makes it less likely you'll see other Badlands with them.
Great feedback! I am sure they are as tough as the other OEM wheels off-road. All the Moab Off-Roadeo BLs had the other wheels. I donā€™t plan on doing anything tougher than what we did at Moab with the BL. I would use my FJ for really hard trails.

NW Trail Marauder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ordered them on my BL as I wanted something a little different from the ā€œmagā€ look you always see.
Changed to the one piece, satin black lug nuts ā€” gives a really nice understated look.
Pics?

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? 359E4D85-C25D-4DA1-8B33-53DB4AC33E23
Went with the matching Carbonized Grey roof which is highlight in the sun in this picā€¦

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? 359E4D85-C25D-4DA1-8B33-53DB4AC33E23
Went with the matching Carbonized Grey roof which is highlight in the sun in this picā€¦
Looks great! I really like bronze smoke. I was a little nervous to order it not having seen it at the time but the more I see it the more I like it.

Mexray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 22 Badlands Bronco Sport on order
Ford Bronco Sport Feedback on OEM Steelies ? C35B8DB7-2E0C-4698-B755-F9EC12BF763B
Iā€™ve since added a set of locking McGard nuts to protect the wheels - much easier to keep clean, IMHOā€¦
Sponsored