ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
100% disagree with this. While not easy plenty of places that do good work will not score the paint. A lot of hacks out there will do a bad job at just about anything
Let me know when you actually see a vinyl wrap removed from a vehicle with your own eyes then let me know. I've seen wraps for advertising taken off vehicles and seen what is left. ?‍♂
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Let me know when you actually see a vinyl wrap removed from a vehicle with your own eyes then let me know. I've seen wraps for advertising taken off vehicles and seen what is left. ?‍♂
I've seen hundreds of them. Done right with the right tools and advanced skills it can be done. Many here have verified the same. cheap, quick, careless, not using the correct tools yes, scratches will be left behind. The teams I work with often double wrap a car for efficiency. Race one scheme, peel the top layer and have another beneath it. Not all installers are equal. Believe it or don't is what it is. There is an art to doing an excellent job.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've seen hundreds of them. Done right with the right tools and advanced skills it can be done. Many here have verified the same. cheap, quick, careless, not using the correct tools yes, scratches will be left behind. The teams I work with often double wrap a car for efficiency. Race one scheme, peel the top layer and have another beneath it. Not all installers are equal. Believe it or don't is what it is. There is an art to doing an excellent job.
You get what you pay for....and opinions are like assholes....everyone has one ?‍♂
Perception is reality; and I am just commenting on my experiences with another BS owner. You don't need to get your panties in a bunch. If you don't like my comments don't read em ?‍♂

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
You get what you pay for....
You certainly do. I've been getting quotes for front+hood PPF and front window tints for the last few weeks. Finally settled on when and where to get it done. They certainly weren't the cheapest option for either but after meeting the guys and touring their shop I decided I would rather pay more up front for quality work than have to deal with potential quality issues after the fact.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You certainly do. I've been getting quotes for front+hood PPF and front window tints for the last few weeks. Finally settled on when and where to get it done. They certainly weren't the cheapest option for either but after meeting the guys and touring their shop I decided I would rather pay more up front for quality work than have to deal with potential quality issues after the fact.
You will most likely cry just once.....for the price but then you will be happy everyday driving it. You cheap out on the work you will cry everytime you drive it?‍♂
Quality over quantity

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
this has to be it... I was paying $500 for The roof. The only other wrap shop out here quoted 1300. $1300 seems pretty pricey for just the top. That’s what I get for going cheap I suppose... although that doesn’t seem cheap

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
this has to be it... I was paying $500 for The roof. The only other wrap shop out here quoted 1300. $1300 seems pretty pricey for just the top. That’s what I get for going cheap I suppose... although that doesn’t seem cheap
oh agreed $500 is a descent chunk of change...but three times that cost, might have been worth it. Opinions everywhere. I hope it turns out better. The suggestion to simply have them paint it black might be the best ultimate outcome.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You get what you pay for....and opinions are like assholes....everyone has one ?‍♂
Perception is reality; and I am just commenting on my experiences with another BS owner. You don't need to get your panties in a bunch. If you don't like my comments don't read em ?‍♂
understood...and the word impossible is incorrect. It's unfortunate your experience paints that picture. I'm not alone in knowing people do install wraps without the same damage. Opinions you know? Have a wonderful day.

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
$800 was the quote at Ford to paint the top. I’m leaning towards the painted black top like the outer banks has.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
$800 was the quote at Ford to paint the top. I’m leaning towards the painted black top like the outer banks has.
If a black top is the goal, and the red is already jacked-up with knife marks, then why would you not get the best option, which is paint?

In fact, if I ever decide to get a Big Bend, that would be the option I would do without hesitation.

Last edited:

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If a black top is the goal, and the red is already jacked-up with knife marks, then why would you not get the best option, which is paint?

In fact, if I ever decide to get a Big Bend, that would be the option I would do without hesitation.
I really love the rapid red. And I was thinking to get it painted red and then protect the red with a wrap. But I’m now nervous of getting it wrapped again and having damage I won’t see UNDER the wrap. So I’m probably just going to get it painted black and call it a day. Especially since I’m not paying for it lol

EWKing

Big Bend
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This can’t be right.. there is no way wraps would be this popular if you couldn’t get it done without razor blade cuts down to bare metal.
They do super cars in some of the shops out here, no way people are having cuts in their $300,000 paint job.
Always gonna have a cut or two for sure. How do you think they are fitting them?

EWKing

Big Bend
First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did my roof paint a satin black. With the special cleat coat it was $1000.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I did my roof paint a satin black. With the special cleat coat it was $1000.
Just curious, how much more was a base OB model that already had the black roof?

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Always gonna have a cut or two for sure. How do you think they are fitting them?
If you’re getting a bad job done, sure. If you read through the thread there are plenty of suggestions as to what they did wrong.
Sponsored