David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Started looking 2 weeks ago to surprise my daughter. After a few days found a dealer 50 miles away with an Area 51 first edition getting shipped and up for grabs. Put deposit on it and shipped on 4/24 with delivery on 5/31. Got the call today that it’s on the lot and completed paperwork online. No extra mark up. Feel kinda bad when I see people who ordered in 2020 still waiting.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Started looking 2 weeks ago to surprise my daughter. After a few days found a dealer 50 miles away with an Area 51 first edition getting shipped and up for grabs. Put deposit on it and shipped on 4/24 with delivery on 5/31. Got the call today that it’s on the lot and completed paperwork online. No extra mark up. Feel kinda bad when I see people who ordered in 2020 still waiting.
no reason to feel bad, is what it is, lot of people, myself included, taking off the lot from orders that never followed through etc. Enjoy it. At some point those who ordered will have what they wanted. It's frustrating and illogical on some levels but well....covid.

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It is super frustrating. I live in New Jersey where it seems every dealership in this state and surrounding states only have the Big Bend in stock! Not knocking anyone who has the Big Bend but it didn't have everything I wanted so I placed an order with my dealership for the build I wanted. One big thing I wanted was the moonroof, leather interior and copilot assist +. I read on here that the Ford was adding several weeks to the lead time to include moonroof on any build so that makes me believe dealers were just getting in what they could. I've had my Bronco on order since March 30th and its already gotten pushed back one time due to lack of materials. My updated production date is end of May which I haven't gotten any notifications from Ford yet saying its been bumped again so fingers crossed i'll have mine by 4th of July! ????

OP
OP

David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
It is super frustrating. I live in New Jersey where it seems every dealership in this state and surrounding states only have the Big Bend in stock! Not knocking anyone who has the Big Bend but it didn't have everything I wanted so I placed an order with my dealership for the build I wanted. One big thing I wanted was the moonroof, leather interior and copilot assist +. I read on here that the Ford was adding several weeks to the lead time to include moonroof on any build so that makes me believe dealers were just getting in what they could. I've had my Bronco on order since March 30th and its already gotten pushed back one time due to lack of materials. My updated production date is end of May which I haven't gotten any notifications from Ford yet saying its been bumped again so fingers crossed i'll have mine by 4th of July! ????
I went on Ford’s website daily and would do the inventory search for the maximum distance. I then would use a different zip code and search a farther area and so on. Essentially I searched about a seven state area. I called all that I saw were in production or transit. Many were already obligated but I found several within a few hundred miles that were available.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Don't feel to bad with every cloud there is a silver lining. The value of my ridgeline went from 27K to 33K while I waited, while the price of the BS stayed the same because I had the order.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
We were very fortunate that we found a dealer ordered Badlands in Rapid Red close by that wasn't obligated. No markup, I would have skipped it if they did that. I can't believe they have dealers marking these up. They low balled me on the trade, though.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For the people who call around searching and taking their personal time to track down one available and grab it I would not feel bad. Its effort to track them down and takes negotiating and diplomacy skills to get the dealers to help you. I say well done if you can pull it off.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For the people who call around searching and taking their personal time to track down one available and grab it I would not feel bad. Its effort to track them down and takes negotiating and diplomacy skills to get the dealers to help you. I say well done if you can pull it off.
at this point I can't agree more. I live in an area with many dealer options, and many who receive higher than normal volume. At first I worried I was selling out. Still no build date on my order, and I am in week two of owning a badlands and love every minute of it. I was fortunate I had a good dealer looking out for me. I know many are suggesting other brands out of frustration, I don't see those as any better either as every brand is facing the same issue now.

OP
OP

David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I have bought 8 new trucks in the past 20 years and the dealer I found was the best yet. No mark up, gave the rebates, no attempt at up-selling anything(I was shocked), no bs fees, no add ons(paint protection, tint, etc),minimal doc fee and even took a couple hundred off after $500 rebate. 10 minute transaction and after it was done I mentioned that the other 2 closest ones I found were marked up about $3000 he said the owners did not allow them to. Of course they are making great money near or at msrp. My mindset with previous deals was a minimum 10% dealer discount then any manufacturer incentives, never fathomed I would be happy with msrp.
Sponsored