Epanema

Outer Banks
First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
While driving in sport mode we noticed this last night. After being stopped at a light when we started to drive again the engine rev’d to 4000 rpm before it seemed to kick into a gear. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Epanema

Outer Banks
First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I noticed it only does this high rpm in sport mode and not normal mode, guessing that’s how it’s supposed to work?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
In the five Goat mode system all the modes are basically throttle remapping.
You want snappier power you gotta move up the tac.
You want easier control in slick stuff you lessen throttle response.
Example: regular drive mode, a half inch of gas pedal movement gives ‘X’ amount of acceleration…
Switch to slippery mode and that same amount of throttle press down gives 1/2 of ‘X’ amount of acceleration. If it’s rough or slippery and you sneeze or hit a bump and your foot moves, sudden acceleration or deceleration will break traction.
The system is that simple.
With good right foot management you can do everything in regular mode and low gear when climbing or in bad traction situations.
Follow me ?
I would have been perfectly fine without any goat modes at all and would have much preferred L,2, and OD off.
As for the seven GOAT 2.0 L badlands that’s a different animal.
All I said above does not apply to that system.
New people, You should read the manual and stay out of sand mode !
Sand mode is only for deep sand. Improper use can cause excessive wear. As for sandy rocks, gravel or dirt roads. Sand mode is NOT for those conditions.
Always use the transmission to take the load of the engine, especially the 3 banger.
Use the LOW button at low speeds when climbing or in the rough stuff. Holding the tac above 1700 rpm keeps you in the turbo.
Stay on pipe. 2,000 to 3,000 is best for climbing if it’s smooth enough.
As for engine braking with low.
Fagetaboutit!
The 3 banger crank prolly weighs about four pounds.
Use your brakes. They are cheap to replace.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
While driving in sport mode we noticed this last night. After being stopped at a light when we started to drive again the engine rev’d to 4000 rpm before it seemed to kick into a gear. Anyone else experience this?
Check your owner's manual. For the 2021 MY it's on page 224:

Sport [mode]

For sporty driving with improved performance handling and response. This mode increases accelerator pedal response and provides a sportier steering feel. The powertrain system holds onto lower gears longer, helping your vehicle accelerate faster.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If I am reading your description right, you are saying that the engine rev’d up to 4K rpms before the transmission engaged and the car began to move? If that is the case, then this is not normal. If you are saying that it rev’d to 4K before shifting from 1st to 2nd gear then that is probably normal.
Sponsored