Engine? Dash? Moaning/Rattling noise after using sport mode....

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Here is a new video of the noise when the transmission is in Neutral. If I hold the RPMS at 1500, the noise is there.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I agree, they are noisy engines. Have you heard a KIA OR A Subaru at idle LOL.

The noise I’m talking about in this thread is waaay different. Ironically enough, I just sent that guy a couple of my videos because I’m curious what he says. He seems extremely knowledgeable!!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Here is a new video of the noise when the transmission is in Neutral. If I hold the RPMS at 1500, the noise is there.
I think I hear a growling like sound. Hopefully dealer can track that down and fix.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, I had a Ford Master Tech ride in my Bronco Sport Badlands this Morning, around in the Ford parking lot. He heard the noise and confirmed it may not be normal. I even showed him the videos I posted. He told me it sounds like the "turbo blow off-valve".... He said he would go over everything and check the valve Ect.....

Got a call just now from the Service writer and he basically said the tech said it was a normal noise!

Had a 2021 Escape 1.5L 3 banger rental for the day.... WOW, what a different experience. Not as underpowered as I thought it would be, actually acceptable. It just made a distinct vibration at certain rpms and similar noises to my videos, just not as bad.....

So, normal for know I guess.....

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They claim everything is normal until the lawsuits start.

The 2.0 in my Escape doesn’t make that sound. It is not normal.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I quote the tech/what I got on the paperwork:

“Test drove vehicle,
no concern noted. Vehicle isexhibiting normal turbocharger and engine
operating noise.
Verified no DIC's. Noise from turbo after throttle is closed is from bypass valve,
which is operating as desired to relieve
pressurized air from high pressure intake hose to low pressure intake hose.
Vehicle is operating as designed.
Sub Total: 0.00”

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
And I quote the tech/what I got on the paperwork:

“Test drove vehicle,
no concern noted. Vehicle isexhibiting normal turbocharger and engine
operating noise.
Verified no DIC's. Noise from turbo after throttle is closed is from bypass valve,
which is operating as desired to relieve
pressurized air from high pressure intake hose to low pressure intake hose.
Vehicle is operating as designed.
Sub Total: 0.00”
The tech accurately described the engine’s operation; whether the sounds yours makes during that operation is “normal” is subjective. Consider taking it to another dealer.

OP
OP
BronzeSmokeBadlands

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tech accurately described the engine’s operation; whether the sounds yours makes during that operation is “normal” is subjective. Consider taking it to another dealer.
I don't know at this point, sometimes it's really loud and annoying when driving through parking lots, sometimes its not as bad, and sometimes their is no noise at all. So maybe it is "normal"......

Also, while other Fords with the 2.0 Ecoboost do not exhibit this noise, I'm wondering if the transmission gearing, 4WD system that is different from the Escape for instance, contributes to this noise in my Bronco Sport.... Because the reason this noise is happening is due to the engine load at certain conditions. It makes the noise also going up a steep driveway as well....at this point, if it blows up, I warned them LOL.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
There are several threads about this, it's pretty common and the general prognosis is it's normal and not much can be done other than somehow the parking cable thing helps sometimes. Generally it sounds like nothing bad though so I just ignore it for the most part.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When mine was new it was silent no noises of any kind. Then after 1,000 miles or so I heard what sounded like gerbal on an exercise wheel metalic like squeak coming out of dash vent left of steering wheel but only when litely pressing gas pedal. My wife drives it most of time she never noticed but it was consistently doing it for a while. Now at 4500 miles last few times I have driven its 100 percent silent quiet silky smooth zero noise. So noise mysteriously went completely away some how. I thought it was Park Release Cable back when it was making noise?

Also when miles were low sometimes sounded like bunch of bolts rattling around in muffler at idle and that noise gone too.

So for folks with low miles change oil early get some miles on it see if it works itself out.
Sponsored