Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone else had an issue where the DRL’s are not cutting off? This just started last night. I usually leave my light switch turned to automatic. Last night when I got home from work I had to go back to the vehicle as I had forgotten something and saw the DRL’s still on. This was about 10 minutes after I had gotten home and locked the vehicle using the fob. I ended up having to turn the dial to the off position and that worked. This morning when I went to enter the vehicle to leave for work I noticed that the light for the dial was back to automatic. I got to work and checked and the DRL’s were off. This evening when I got home I locked the vehicle and waited for the lights to shut off before going in the house. Same thing happened where the DRL’s stayed on after the other lights shut off. I do have the light delay setting for 20 seconds. I’ve attached a photo and circled the lights in question.
Ford Bronco Sport DRL’s not shutting off 68D842DE-075F-4C79-82DC-121228D1B410
Sponsored

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
Has anyone else had an issue where the DRL’s are not cutting off? This just started last night. I usually leave my light switch turned to automatic. Last night when I got home from work I had to go back to the vehicle as I had forgotten something and saw the DRL’s still on. This was about 10 minutes after I had gotten home and locked the vehicle using the fob. I ended up having to turn the dial to the off position and that worked. This morning when I went to enter the vehicle to leave for work I noticed that the light for the dial was back to automatic. I got to work and checked and the DRL’s were off. This evening when I got home I locked the vehicle and waited for the lights to shut off before going in the house. Same thing happened where the DRL’s stayed on after the other lights shut off. I do have the light delay setting for 20 seconds. I’ve attached a photo and circled the lights in question.
Sounds like a trip to your nearest Ford dealer is warranted, cuz that ain't right.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
There is another thread on this, mine were on after I locked mine up a few days ago. I came outside my office and the drl’s were on, nothing else. No telling how long they were on. I wasn’t close enough with the fob to affect anything.

OP
OP
Scottp528

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
There is another thread on this, mine were on after I locked mine up a few days ago. I came outside my office and the drl’s were on, nothing else. No telling how long they were on. I wasn’t close enough with the fob to affect anything.
It’s weird because it just started last night. I’ve had mine for 3 weeks now and it wasn’t doing this before.

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
You be sure and let us all know what the dealership says and how they handled the repair/replacement. Thanks in advance.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Seen couple post on this forum and bunch off ppl in facebook groups with same issue. Hopefully Ford can get this fixed....

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
It’s weird because it just started last night. I’ve had mine for 3 weeks now and it wasn’t doing this before.
As far as the headlight dial being reset to auto, that is normal. The owners manual states that the auto headlight mode is the default mode whenever the vehicle is started.

OP
OP
Scottp528

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Seen couple post on this forum and bunch off ppl in facebook groups with same issue. Hopefully Ford can get this fixed....
I saw on FB a post with the same issue and posted that mine was doing the same. I got a reply saying to use the fob to lock and unlock the doors and that the lights would turn off. Both nights I locked the vehicle with the fob and they didn’t turn off without turning the dial to the off position

OP
OP
Scottp528

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
As far as the headlight dial being reset to auto, that is normal. The owners manual states that the auto headlight mode is the default mode whenever the vehicle is started.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t realize that.

OP
OP
Scottp528

Scottp528

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You be sure and let us all know what the dealership says and how they handled the repair/replacement. Thanks in advance.
So the dealership couldn’t replicate the issue so therefore couldn’t find anything wrong. I haven’t had the issue again since the two times that it happened in my original post so hopefully it resolved itself.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I have noticed this from time to time on ours...I am sure a software update will happen eventually to resolve it, but being LED DRL's the amperage draw is low, and I haven't noticed any effect on battery levels/life as of yet.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I never had the issue until I had a doublehorn mislock which i still don’t know why I had. But the manuel says it won’t allow your battery to be run down. Next time I’ll just wait ten minutes to see. It has only happened to me 3 times i think.

Ford Bronco Sport DRL’s not shutting off 340A44FF-C01E-4AEF-A9B8-DF7D8B6F3C15
Sponsored