davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I did have that set for 20 seconds. I also noticed an issue with the speed limit sign setting not staying off. Maybe there's a bit of a glitch?

Maybe I'll change it to 120 seconds. There's no way I'll miss that. I wonder if maybe the 20 seconds start when I turn it off and I'm gathering bags or whatever inside.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
No need to dig out the key fob to lock the vehicle if you have the lock/unlock on the exterior drivers side door handle (or can open the door, hit the lock button on the interior drivers side door, or if you have the keypad on the exterior drivers side door, you press the "7-8" and "9-0" buttons at the same time).
Or you can simply touch thre
Doors don't auto lock when you just walk away. Gotta touch the top side of the door handle to lock the doors. No need to pull the key out.
Or you can simply hit the lock button on the inside of the door as you are exiting. That’s my habit.

RonkoRider

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
New owner here. I read the manual and figured it out. With the key fob in your pocket or purse, simply press the fours lines on the drivers handle. I used my thumb. It will lock the doors.

Ford Bronco Sport Doors not locking as I walk away? IMG_1210

To activate unlock, with your fob close by, put whole hand on the door handle. The doors will sense it and unlock.

Works on my 2023 BS. YMMV.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
New owner here. I read the manual and figured it out. With the key fob in your pocket or purse, simply press the fours lines on the drivers handle. I used my thumb. It will lock the doors.

Ford Bronco Sport Doors not locking as I walk away? IMG_1210

To activate unlock, with your fob close by, put whole hand on the door handle. The doors will sense it and unlock.

Works on my 2023 BS. YMMV.
That's the way it's designed to work.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The sensor is on the inner surface of the door handle. You don’t need to put your entire hand on the handle, you just need to touch the sensor.
Sponsored