davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Maybe I missed a setting but I always felt the doors weren't locking when I walked away. I never heard the click and don't think there's a beep or honk.

I tried it today. I had to go back to get something from my car and left my keys in the house. They should be far enough away to not unlock them. And the doors were not locked.

Is that how it is or do I need to go back through the settings?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Maybe I missed a setting but I always felt the doors weren't locking when I walked away. I never heard the click and don't think there's a beep or honk.

I tried it today. I had to go back to get something from my car and left my keys in the house. They should be far enough away to not unlock them. And the doors were not locked.

Is that how it is or do I need to go back through the settings?
Are you leaving the vehicle running then close the door and walk away (and in that case the keyfob has to be inside the vehicle) … in that case the vehicle will lock itself.

If the vehicle is not running and you get out and walk away the vehicle will not lock on its own no matter where that key fob is.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Are you leaving the vehicle running then close the door and walk away (and in that case the keyfob has to be inside the vehicle) … in that case the vehicle will lock itself.

If the vehicle is not running and you get out and walk away the vehicle will not lock on its own no matter where that key fob is.
I'm putting it in Park, turning the engine off, then walking away.

That's kind of annoying I guess. I can put my keys in my pocket when I'm getting dressed, walk up to the car, open it, start it, drive to work, but when I leave I have to dig out the key fob to turn it off.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm putting it in Park, turning the engine off, then walking away.

That's kind of annoying I guess. I can put my keys in my pocket when I'm getting dressed, walk up to the car, open it, start it, drive to work, but when I leave I have to dig out the key fob to turn it off.
No need to dig out the key fob to lock the vehicle if you have the lock/unlock on the exterior drivers side door handle (or can open the door, hit the lock button on the interior drivers side door, or if you have the keypad on the exterior drivers side door, you press the "7-8" and "9-0" buttons at the same time).

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
No need to dig out the key fob to lock the vehicle if you have the lock/unlock on the exterior drivers side door handle (or can open the door, hit the lock button on the interior drivers side door, or if you have the keypad on the exterior drivers side door, you press the "7-8" and "9-0" buttons at the same time).
Ahhh, I'll start locking them with the door handle. I don't have keypads but I saw Ford sells an add on one that I guess just sticks on.

Maybe I can use some points for that. I was going to save them for Ford Dealership work but I got 2 free oil changes with my BS and that should last about 2 years.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Lol, my wife brings the lack of this feature up weekly. We both had Equinoxes and it has the setting that locks the car once you get a certain distance away.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, my wife brings the lack of this feature up weekly. We both had Equinoxes and it has the setting that locks the car once you get a certain distance away.
You could remind her weekly that she has the bottle opener at the rear hatch but I’m afraid that won’t go well for you.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Are you sure? The numbers are hidden unless you activate them. Rub your finger on the black part of the window frame above the door handle.
Yes. I have the Big Bend without the Convenience Package. The only add on is the 360+ or whatever it's called.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes. I have the Big Bend without the Convenience Package. The only add on is the 360+ or whatever it's called.
Ahh. Too bad; it's a nice feature. If you can't find a fob procedure you're happy with you might consider getting an addon. I think they're only $100 or so.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Doors don't auto lock when you just walk away. Gotta touch the top side of the door handle to lock the doors. No need to pull the key out.
Thanks. I’m trying to get in the habit of that already.

Now I’m wondering why my headlights aren’t staying in for 20 seconds. They all shut off after I lock the doors.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I’m trying to get in the habit of that already.

Now I’m wondering why my headlights aren’t staying in for 20 seconds. They all shut off after I lock the doors.
That timeout is on the 8” display under settings. Easy to find but if you can’t just post again…
Sponsored