Dingo7285

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
Is there a way to disable the Seat Belt Chime. I don't see any options in the onscreen menus. I have a Ram 1500 also, and there is key combinations to disable a lot of these features....
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Using Forscan will be able to help you here, its what we need to use on other fords.

CrookedLetta

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 17 FoRS, 17 GT350
Forscan as stated but Ford is also weird with things like this and sometimes they use special sequences you can do to disable things such as the seatbelt chime but I have not come across or seen anything for the BS yet.

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is there a way to disable the Seat Belt Chime. I don't see any options in the onscreen menus. I have a Ram 1500 also, and there is key combinations to disable a lot of these features....
There is a sequence to disable the chime outlined in the users’ manual. Seems straightforward.

JetydosaX

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh man that would be huge! My inlaw's have an Explorer I drive sometime, and for whatever reason that chime really grates me, so much so I had even debated not buying. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I cant wait to do this.
Why can't Ford let us make changes like this on the Infotainment screen,
Like In Microsoft windows settings ?
Man I'd turn off everything that beeps, rings or chimes at me.
Systems should only make a sound If :
#1 the Car Is about to explode
#2 My ejection seat is about to go off
#3 I'm about to win the lottery

I'm spastic about locking my car, always want to click it twice,, ADHD
The horn goes off,, really ?
We should have a setting where we could look out our front or rear cameras from our phones on the BS while we're stuck inside at work and a way to make It do a wolf whistle when a lady that spends hundreds of dollars on make up and clothes and hours in front of the mirror primping walks by.
Just saying :p

tomwbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Has anyone actually tried this in their BS? I've gone through the procedure in the owner's manual multiple times. Sometimes the completion is confirmed as stated in the manual (flashing), and other times the light doesn't come back on after step 3. The alert still chimes even when I get through the steps successfully, and I've tried it for both front seats.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
I did not think the manufacturers would allow this to happen but am glad I read this thread. I went through the steps and it worked. A little confusing afterwards, the vehicle does chime when first starting up and the two icons on the dash do light up but they do go out in about 15-20 seconds and the chime goes away. I like to do slow crawls on some of our service roads with a buddy or two and do not want to wear a seat belt, I am doing 5-10 miles an hours. For the most part I do buckle up but this is a cool option! I should read the manual fully as well wiyeti.

Streaking Banana

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange BL
Has anyone actually tried this in their BS? I've gone through the procedure in the owner's manual multiple times. Sometimes the completion is confirmed as stated in the manual (flashing), and other times the light doesn't come back on after step 3. The alert still chimes even when I get through the steps successfully, and I've tried it for both front seats.
Where in the manual is this?

tomwbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It's in the manual but I don't have it handy... however, I went through the steps in the manual multiple times and it didn't work.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Deactivating and Activating the Seatbelt Reminder (Front Seats Only)

Ford Bronco Sport Disable Seat Belt Chime? {filename}
WARNING: While the system allows you to deactivate it, this system is designed to improve your chances of being safely belted and surviving an accident. We recommend you leave the system activated for yourself and others who may use the vehicle.

Note: The driver and front passenger warnings switch on and off independently. When you perform this procedure for one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process.

Read Steps 1 - 4 before starting the procedure.

Make sure that:
  • You set the parking brake.
  • The transmission is in park (P).
  • The ignition is off.
  • You close all vehicle doors.
  • You unbuckle the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
  1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
  2. Wait until the seatbelt warning lamp turns off (about one minute). After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 60 seconds.
  3. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning lamp turns on.
  4. When the seatbelt warning lamp is on, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning lamp flashes for confirmation.
  • This switches the feature off if it is currently on.
  • This switches the feature on if it is currently off.

Last edited: