Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
My local dealer in Baton Rouge said they expect to have a demo in a couple of weeks, so we can see it in person. Has anyone else heard this from their dealer?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Albert @Granger Ford might be able to clarify. But I believe I read that mannequins were being sent for demo/touch/feel. Dealers could not sell the mannequins until there was 1500 miles on them. By specifying a mileage threshold indicates that they will be available to be test driven.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Albert @Granger Ford might be able to clarify. But I believe I read that mannequins were being sent for demo/touch/feel. Dealers could not sell the mannequins until there was 1500 miles on them. By specifying a mileage threshold indicates that they will be available to be test driven.
Yes the will be held on the lot for customers to drive for 4 months or up to 4000 miles before it is available to sell...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Can one person drive the 1500 miles. I’ll do it so someone can buy it.
Yes they could, but we will allow many to drive it so they have a feel for it....

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Yes the will be held on the lot for customers to drive for 4 months or up to 4000 miles before it is available to sell...
Thanks, Albert. I knew I read about a mileage threshold, but I obviously got mixed up with the specific number. Was that dictated by Ford to the dealerships?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Albert. I knew I read about a mileage threshold, but I obviously got mixed up with the specific number. Was that dictated by Ford to the dealerships?
Yes it is, part of the program to get them...

OP
OP
Jayne

Jayne

Badlands
First Name
Jayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Yes it is, part of the program to get them...
Thank you. I didnt realize they were called mannequins. I'll just be happy to see one in person and test drive it. Will all dealerships get them around the same time?

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hopefully my local dealer will get these as well. When just looking at the dimensions (at 172.7” the sport sits between the Ecosport at 161.3” and the escape at 180.5”) it seems like a small vehicle. ford references it as a sub compact on its website, but in videos online it looks larger than those dimensions suggest. With the taller roof line, it also appears to have ample space inside. Comparing it to the bronco, it seems to have similar dimensions in head, shoulder, hip, and legroom for both 1st and 2nd row passengers. It will be interesting to see how big it is in person.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I didnt realize they were called mannequins. I'll just be happy to see one in person and test drive it. Will all dealerships get them around the same time?
Badlands and Outer Banks and I would hope so... The mannequins will be build in November 2020...
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: