First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
Were you in sport mode?
Not at those particular times.

During regular everyday type of driving, I use Normal mode. I only switch into Sport mode when I am driving in heavy traffic and anticipate having to react to lunacy quickly. I find the 2.0 BS to be surprisingly quick even in Normal mode.

I haven't experienced this drastic lag again. But have only driven a handful of times since returning from Colorado, and not in those same conditions; high and hot.

Has anyone experienced heavy, high and hot in an airplane ? It's terrifying.

Crap gas could certainly be a contributing factor. On the 900 mile drive to CO I got an indicator lamp on the dash and almost immediate notification via the Ford App for "Malfunction Indicator Lamp- Regulatory" . This was at 75mph on the highway right after i fueled up so I was suspicious of the gas almost immediately. The owner's manual was scant on information as my passenger scrambled to find an explanation at cruising speed. Thankfully the Ford App gave some reasonable possibilities that calmed my frayed nerves. The App is a pretty cool feature by the way. I filled up a couple of times in Colorado before that indicator light finally went out, as the App instructions indicated it might.

As an aside, I changed my oil for the first time at 4k on Saturday. The factory oil was very dirty and full of gasoline. Both reportedly known DI issues.

Also, I have owned and driven a variety of turbo cars before, including my parent's Ford "Turbo Coupe" from the late 1980s.

"Turbo lag" - delayed onset, followed by a sudden rush of power, is different than the complete lack of any acceleration I experienced in the Bronco Sport on those two occasions in CO. Franky it was shocking and something I would hope not to repeat.

Daniel
Sponsored

OP
OP

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I need to get mine into service. It does it almost daily out here in the Palm Springs area when the temp is over 110. It’s pretty annoying driving around with no power delivery for the first 2-3 seconds of pushing the pedal down.
I have been putting it off due to no loaner vehicles being available, I can’t do without a car for weeks.
Edit: it has to do with bad gas, I have been using premium gas and it has not occurred a single time.

Last edited:

margarg

Big Bend
First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have had my Bronco Sport a couple of months and three times I have had the same issue that the inital poster mentioned, but strangely, it only happens if I am making a left hand turn. Once traffic was stopped to let me go and four times I had to push down on the gas before the car started to go and then it went really fast. Once, I almost got broadsided because, again, it failed to accelerate, and the last time it only took two pushes before it accelerated. Very scary. I have an appointment for service scheduled. Do you think this may be caused by the new recall for the Fuel Delivery Module? I live in NJ, so there is not an issue with high altitude or temps over 100 causing the issue. Thank you!

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Yes I would think so. Check with your dealer or Ford pass app for recalls.

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve been noticing over the past few weeks, as the weather heats up near me, that I’ll step on the gas from a stop and it takes 3-4 second before the bronco actually starts to accelerate. It’s gotten to the point a few times that I thought the car wasn’t going to go at all. It acts fine when it’s not extremely hot but if it gets over 105 degrees during the day it starts doing it.
Anyone else?? Going to give Ford a call to look at it. a few times I’ve pulled out and gotten worried the oncoming traffic was going to have to slam on their brakes because my car wouldn’t accelerate. Can this be the nature of a turbo?
Mine does it quite often, even when not 100 degrees outside, nor with a/c blowing full blast. It is quite annoying. It did it this morning as I was coasting through a yield sign, and wanting to excel to proceed, and nothing for 3-4 seconds.

Mascot1978

Outer Banks
First Name
Bev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If I have already responded, sorry......Mine has done so quite often. It is very annoying.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
I’ve been noticing over the past few weeks, as the weather heats up near me, that I’ll step on the gas from a stop and it takes 3-4 second before the bronco actually starts to accelerate. It’s gotten to the point a few times that I thought the car wasn’t going to go at all. It acts fine when it’s not extremely hot but if it gets over 105 degrees during the day it starts doing it.
Anyone else?? Going to give Ford a call to look at it. a few times I’ve pulled out and gotten worried the oncoming traffic was going to have to slam on their brakes because my car wouldn’t accelerate. Can this be the nature of a turbo?
My eco boost no problems and it doesn't get 105 degrees here

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
My eco boost no problems and it doesn't get 105 degrees here
Forgot try premium gas makes a big difference and also helps clean the carbon out after you get a lot of miles on it or drive till it's almost empty then I put in some gumout and fill up with premium

Swiftbronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport big bend
This method works on other Ecoboost Fords. You can try recalibratiing the accelerator.
1. Press the start button so it's in the on position, don't start the engine
2. Press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor slowly
3. Let the accerator pedal come up quickly
4. Press the start button again to turn off.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times
6. Start the engine and enjoy the drive, there should be a difference
So that’s a total of 3 times correct?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes.