SirEd

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I bought my base in February in San Diego county the first dealer I went to wanted $5000 over sticker plus he had added four dealer packs (security system, door edge guards, etc.) which totaled an additional $3500. So he was asking $8500 over sticker. ($8000 after rebate). I left that dealer as fast as I could.

The dealer I bought from sold to me at $105 under list plus $500 rebate with no dealer packs. That same dealer is now selling the exact same vehicle at $2500 over sticker ($2000 after rebate). They list the $2500 as a "market adjustment".
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
These are extraordinary times of shortages in inventory across many industries. I've never seen dealer inventories as low as they are now. Unless conditions improve, I expect to see some dealers with heavy debt close. Not a good time to get a good deal. With few vehicles on the lot and few in the pipeline I can see how dealers need to extract every penny of profit they can. Still, I don't like to see vehicles marked up above MSRP and with bogus add ons just to generate profit. Unless you have a signed buyers order and have made a deposit, I don't believe there is a case that a valid contract exists. But, you can back out just like the dealer did.

I certainly wouldn't pay thousands over sticker for a BS. GM really doesn't have a like vehicle, but Jeep has the Trail Hawk. I just couldn't drive a Subaru. Don't know that other brand dealers are giving any better deals, but maybe an option. Some day our economy and industries should get out of this shock of the Wuhan Virus. Don't like to get political, but inflation is on the rise and I don't believe the current admin knows how to jump start an economy. Higher taxes will be a drag on everyone except those on the dole. Inventory shortages and inflation are a macro economic problem, just not much consumers can do about it.

OP
OP

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I’m looking at a badlands that’ll arrive at the dealerships in about two weeks. Salesman told me it’s selling price is $46,015. He sent me the window sticker and it’s $39,020. Almost $7000 in mark up. I’ll wait.

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer mark up price 9A72A018-CC19-4002-9E24-EAC1B3AE8B94

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer mark up price E0D6FB53-6C82-4D3F-A411-59A08546E3E0
are u considering to get it? I ended up buying 40k badlands in cyber orange, off road tires w/ 2k mark up that was originally 5k. Might still a lot but I really love it

OP
OP

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
When I bought my base in February in San Diego county the first dealer I went to wanted $5000 over sticker plus he had added four dealer packs (security system, door edge guards, etc.) which totaled an additional $3500. So he was asking $8500 over sticker. ($8000 after rebate). I left that dealer as fast as I could.

The dealer I bought from sold to me at $105 under list plus $500 rebate with no dealer packs. That same dealer is now selling the exact same vehicle at $2500 over sticker ($2000 after rebate). They list the $2500 as a "market adjustment".
I live in San Diego, dealers here are adding 5k above MSRP!

BroncoBoi

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nickbroms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just bought a Bronco Sport (big bend) today at 39,999 I felt like I got rapped. It was either that or buy the Maverick for far less. That would have been the practical thing to do but that truck is ugly.

I put 6k down and had a 6k trade in so the payments aren't horrible.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just bought a Bronco Sport (big bend) today at 39,999 I felt like I got rapped. It was either that or buy the Maverick for far less. That would have been the practical thing to do but that truck is ugly.

Hopefully you got the "fully loaded" model to help justify the cost. Could of been worst tho ?‍♂ dealers by me have BB going for what I paid for my BL
Atleast you got one badass ride now ??

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT

How much was the sticker?

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Urgh. Did you get it at Mackenzie? Do they still have that inflated Outer Banks in the showroom for 50k? Agree that Maverick needs some revisions. They're trying to share the platform and that's the result.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Look what the cat is dragging in to one of our dealers. One of two things…20 Bronco order customers are freaking out telling them to get their orders off the website or the dealer is about to make a bu**load of cash on bronco markups!

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer mark up price 4959024C-0B30-49EA-A681-56A61192D080

BroncoBoi

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nickbroms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Urgh. Did you get it at Mackenzie? Do they still have that inflated Outer Banks in the showroom for 50k? Agree that Maverick needs some revisions. They're trying to share the platform and that's the result.
I bought it at Damerow Ford. Ya I feel like I am a lot happier with the BB rather than settling with the Maverick.

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
These are extraordinary times of shortages in inventory across many industries. I've never seen dealer inventories as low as they are now. Unless conditions improve, I expect to see some dealers with heavy debt close. Not a good time to get a good deal. With few vehicles on the lot and few in the pipeline I can see how dealers need to extract every penny of profit they can. Still, I don't like to see vehicles marked up above MSRP and with bogus add ons just to generate profit. Unless you have a signed buyers order and have made a deposit, I don't believe there is a case that a valid contract exists. But, you can back out just like the dealer did.

I certainly wouldn't pay thousands over sticker for a BS. GM really doesn't have a like vehicle, but Jeep has the Trail Hawk. I just couldn't drive a Subaru. Don't know that other brand dealers are giving any better deals, but maybe an option. Some day our economy and industries should get out of this shock of the Wuhan Virus. Don't like to get political, but inflation is on the rise and I don't believe the current admin knows how to jump start an economy. Higher taxes will be a drag on everyone except those on the dole. Inventory shortages and inflation are a macro economic problem, just not much consumers can do about it.
Feels like the 70s all over again.