Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Whoa...............Whoa
wait a minute Ford
let's not go overboard

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/future-ford-vehicles-could-boast-far-fewer-options/

Curious
Just how does one go about "boasting" having less to offer?

Ford Bronco Sport Custom or Aftermarket Grille 1656159247949
honestly, based on how confusing the launch was with the Big Bend model also requiring the Big Bend package, or even now with the Outer Banks model requiring the Tech Package, simplifying that to just offer models/trims with the same level of features would ease both production and shopping

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
honestly, based on how confusing the launch was with the Big Bend model also requiring the Big Bend package, or even now with the Outer Banks model requiring the Tech Package, simplifying that to just offer models/trims with the same level of features would ease both production and shopping
"Ford is looking for ways to cut costs, and dramatically reducing available options"
my take on the article
key language - dramatically
the fat's gone boys we're trimming the trim
Big Bend Package
Tech Package
shall now be known as "former"

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I miss that little swing open window vent that was by the side mirrors.
If I could redesign my base models so many useless gizmo’s
1: Make GOAT vanish. No user button just an AWD system that worked in all conditions without any driver input.
2: No Auto Start/Stop, maybe a on/off toggle switch for city drivers.
3: I’d have an 8 disk CD player, In Dash of course and hooked up to a BOSE sound system with a 12 band EQ.
4: Out goes the info screen screwing up the middle of the dashboard. It’s useless once you eliminate all the crap in it.
5: Id keep Bluetooth (C-usb)
As for the engine options id not change that. I like my 1.5L turbo.
I’d get towing capacity up to 3,000 pounds.
6: Headlight cooling fans, I’d keep those, love the tech on that one BUT ! They’d only come on when hot not every time I open the friggin door.
Oh yeah there’d be a plug in charge up hybrid option with the 1.5L
On electric only a max speed of 55 and level ground light load range on all electric would be 60 miles.
And most important ! The user decides when to engage the gas engine. Maybe a power meter showing the suggested time, say at 30% battery.
Oh crap. I just realized it would take an owner with some smarts to drive a car without all the useless toys.
Never mind.
Agree with a lot of what you said with these addons:
No Goat Modes.
Knob for traction control 1 = none, 11 = aggressive.
Knob for throttle control 1 = lots of modulation, 11 = little.
Delete PTU and use a real transfer case.
‘Proper locking diffs (x3) - front and rear need centre to lock.
AWD like we have not part time four wheel drive.
Beefier drivetrain parts.
Proper shifter with manual control of the automatic on the shifter - no paddle shifters - and it stays in gear and starts from stop in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. 1st is a “crawl” like the compass has, and normal operation sees it start in 2nd.
Every. Single. Control. Has. A. Button. Or. Knob. No bloody stupid touchscreen.

Oh yeah, and I would like to hear the turbo.

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
That treatment looks good, better overall than some others I've seen. The hood deflector and low key wheels help bring it together. I think you are achieving your goal!

GaryOJ91

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was hoping to get the black grille decals to go over the white “Bronco” on the front grille and the “Bronco Sport” on the tailgate.

Unfortunately, they’re out of stock on the Ford Accessories website and I can’t really find any under $100 online.

Does anyone know a good alternative source to get these? Or should I wait it out for Ford to re-stock? I haven’t experienced an out of stock item on the Ford page yet, not sure how long it takes to get the back ordered stock in.

OP
OP
SenzeiReese

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was hoping to get the black grille decals to go over the white “Bronco” on the front grille and the “Bronco Sport” on the tailgate.

Unfortunately, they’re out of stock on the Ford Accessories website and I can’t really find any under $100 online.

Does anyone know a good alternative source to get these? Or should I wait it out for Ford to re-stock? I haven’t experienced an out of stock item on the Ford page yet, not sure how long it takes to get the back ordered stock in.
I just used Plastidip on mine and I've been satisfied. I may have to reapply it after winter.
Ford Bronco Sport Custom or Aftermarket Grille 1658191725020
Sponsored