Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hey all -

I have a buddy fabricating a hitch mounted trail swing for the sport, and he was curious if anyone else was interested in purchasing one? He's been fabricating off-road trucks for the last 15+ years, and has his own welding business where he does anything from staircase's to roll cages for side by sides. I would be happy to share his work and the process of mine if anyone is interested? He's charging $700.00 + S&H. So far in the design were doing the following:

- Trying to mount the tire so we can still use the backup camera, without blocking the rear window/tail lights
- Spare tire will hold up to 245/70/17
- Swing opening will be to the passenger side
- Black enamel paint (I can ask if he's will to do other colors)
- 2" reciever

We started mine last night and he said it should take about a week with painting possibily two depending on how busy he gets with other fabrication projects. He's currently cutting & fabricating the pieces for two in the event someone else wants one.

-Mary :)
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey all -

I have a buddy fabricating a hitch mounted trail swing for the sport, and he was curious if anyone else was interested in purchasing one? He's been fabricating off-road trucks for the last 15+ years, and has his own welding business where he does anything from staircase's to roll cages for side by sides. I would be happy to share his work and the process of mine if anyone is interested? He's charging $700.00 + S&H. So far in the design were doing the following:

- Trying to mount the tire so we can still use the backup camera, without blocking the rear window/tail lights
- Spare tire will hold up to 245/70/17
- Swing opening will be to the passenger side
- Black enamel paint (I can ask if he's will to do other colors)
- 2" reciever

We started mine last night and he said it should take about a week with painting possibily two depending on how busy he gets with other fabrication projects. He's currently cutting & fabricating the pieces for two in the event someone else wants one.

-Mary :)
This is actually something I was interested in. By all means I'm curious to see how this turns out.

OP
OP
sullivan.mary0228

sullivan.mary0228

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I'm not sure which one it is or if it's posted yet. But this is one of the approved vendors thru Ford for aftermarket parts for Broncos and Broncos Sport from the jeep Easter safari

https://www.4wheelparts.com/s/_/?Ntt=Tire+hitch&_requestid=57252
None of those are what I was looking for which I why I asked my buddy if could build one :) 4WP designed one very similar to what I wanted, however they didn't say if it was something they would be mass producing and when. I need a fifth actual full sized spare for a 18 camping trip in 4 weeks so this was the best option for me :)

jacobes04

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco sport
i just ordered my badlands and am planning on going this route ith a hitch mounted spare, did his deisgn ever make it to an actual product? would love to see pics, etc

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would be interested in what you have described. Make sure and post some pix.
Sponsored