CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
So driving back home from Yellowstone this morning a couple of Pronghorns came out of nowhere and of course I managed to cream one of them. Checked for damage and surprisingly not much to the front end. Bumper and Grill are intact & the skid plate came out great (other than prog remnants) HOWEVER.... now my adaptive cruise control and collision assist are not working. Upon closer inspection when I got home I noticed all the plastic pieces behind the grill are cracked & the part that connects to the grill fins too. Afraid to see what the $$ claim is going to come out to.
Ford Bronco Sport Couldn't escape the damage 😭 1f92c
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Those features depend on the radar sensor/emitters in the front. I hope the people escaped damage.

OP
OP
CallMeBill

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those features depend on the radar sensor/emitters in the front. I hope the people escaped damage.
No people involved. Pronghorns are in the Antelope family. They are the fastest land animal in North America. Not fast enough to dodge a bronco though. :cool:

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear you flattened a speed goat. I've hit a deer before and the insurance was no big deal. My only gripe was it was classified as an "at fault" accident when I thought animal collisions were supposed to be acts of God. It's a permanent mark on my insurance record. Hope you manage to convince them you didn't intend to collide with an animal. 😅

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Sorry to hear you flattened a speed goat. I've hit a deer before and the insurance was no big deal. My only gripe was it was classified as an "at fault" accident when I thought animal collisions were supposed to be acts of God. It's a permanent mark on my insurance record. Hope you manage to convince them you didn't intend to collide with an animal. 😅
Had the same thing happen when a deer T-boned me. Tore up side of car (not my Bronco), and it got up and ran away! Still counted as "at fault" (insurance) AND accident (resale). I have deer whistles on my Sport. (don't know if they work, but I haven't encountered any deer so far) :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
CallMeBill

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:
Took car to collision/repair shop and they told me that the bumper, etc are in stock but they have to call around to see if they can get the module for the Adaptive Cruise/Pre Collision warning system. Hopefully its not a long wait to get one as they wont start the repairs until they can get it. Any help you can give me @Ford Motor Company ?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Just had to replace the radar system on my wife’s Explorer (drove on ice, thought it was snow, broke through to 12” puddle, ugh). It was the most expensive part.

Thank goodness you didn’t hit a Jackalope.

OP
OP
CallMeBill

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE** Shop originally had all parts they ordered to fix it but after tear down they found additional damage to intercooler, radiator supports, etc and the replacement parts are now on backorder for 2 weeks.
On a different front after almost 2 weeks showing In Production just saw that my new BL is now showing as Built. The waiting game begins.... part of me wishes it shows soon but part says no as my current one that is in the shop getting repaired has been delayed 2 weeks due to backordered parts. Cant afford 3 pmts at same time right now.

• Sad
Reactions: MJE

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You definitely have time. When you get the built email it will probably have the standard 5-6 week delivery window.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
So driving back home from Yellowstone this morning a couple of Pronghorns came out of nowhere and of course I managed to cream one of them. Checked for damage and surprisingly not much to the front end. Bumper and Grill are intact & the skid plate came out great (other than prog remnants) HOWEVER.... now my adaptive cruise control and collision assist are not working. Upon closer inspection when I got home I noticed all the plastic pieces behind the grill are cracked & the part that connects to the grill fins too. Afraid to see what the $$ claim is going to come out to.
Ford Bronco Sport Couldn't escape the damage 😭 1f92c
Buddy of mine was late for work one morning. He pulled into the lot and his truck looked like it had been picked up and thrown against a wall. Turned out he topped a hill and hit a cow.

OP
OP
CallMeBill

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE Again:
Just picked the BL up from the shop. Everything working like new again. Now to hit up Carvana, CarMax & Auto Nation to see who will give me the most for it. My build order is scheduled for delearship arrival 7/13. Oh and the collision shop said that they dont report to CarFax so I'm happy about that.
Sponsored