Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
So... maybe a bit of a dumb question.

I've never had a vehicle with a hitch before. Does the bronco sport come with a Cotter Pin for the hitch? Or do they come with a tow ball? or do you have to get them separately? Is there a particular size I need to get?
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Generally no, but even if it does I'd recommend to upgrading to a locking pin. Thieves will steal anything.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
mine came with an advertisement plug cover from my dealer. Honestly I left it there, it wasn't tacky and easy to remove rather than dealers adding their own decals to my paint. I bought a bike rack and it came with a bolt. I went to the local hardware and bought a locking pin as Kingprawn mentioned.
I had an old hitch mount and ball from a pickup I used to own. The biggest factor find out what size ball the tow requires. They aren't 'standard' so depending on what you intend to pull...you may need a different drop/ball size. Ask any local dealer/trailer company and they should be able to tell you. Typical is a 2" ball, our is a 1 7/8" usually pulling light trailers if anything. Those are the two you'd most likely encounter. FWIW UHAUL uses 2" if that's the route you'd normally go. You can always put a lock on the safety chains if getting a locking pin isn't an option

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And if you install a hitch ball, PLEASE don’t leave it in unless you are towing. It could rust in place (if left in for a loooong time) or it could end up getting thrown through your back window after someone walks into it. (Dick move on both parties)

OP
OP

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
And if you install a hitch ball, PLEASE don’t leave it in unless you are towing. It could rust in place (if left in for a loooong time) or it could end up getting thrown through your back window after someone walks into it. (Dick move on both parties)
Yea, that won't be an issue. I'm using it for a bike rack. Besides, I'd be the one who would walk into a ball if I left it there.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
No cotter pin, no hitch ball, no ball mount. Only a 2” receiver is supplied with the tow package. There is also two loops for attaching the safety chains and a 4 pin bar connector.

My ball mount has a 2 inch drop and has a ball that can be changed so one hitch, two balls (insert joke here).
Ford Bronco Sport Cotter Pin 4B7B1C5B-A97D-4358-BB84-C3FF271F58E7
Sponsored

Last edited: