Convince me I should get a Sport or Bronco vs......What sealed the deal for you?

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Acorns dented the hood. Never had that happen on my previous Fords.
Walnuts dented the hood of my Impreza. No one believed me. The shop swore I had have gotten hit by large hailstones.
Sponsored

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Civic Type-R, Mini Cooper
I recently owned a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, and when I was deciding on the BS, the full size Bronco came to mind.

Ultimately, if you want to 1. offroad 2. offroad 3. offroad, then the Big Bronco is for you.

My use case was simple - drive to places that may or may not be paved, haul some stuff around, come back and hose it off. Look good doing so, instead of in some plain jane commoner vehicle.

The RAV4 was a great car, but lacked any character and soul. I used to think it was the prettiest crossover, given the sea of CRVs and CX5s. Then the BS came out. I could no longer recommend friends and family to get the RAV4 anymore.

The full size Bronco would be cool for like a day, but since I don't offroad, the ride height/offroad tires/gas mileage/overall size would get old quick. Thus, the BS.

No regrets from this happy owner.

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
We have an Acadia for our larger family car, so was looking a little smaller. I also wanted AWD or 4WD that could handle some weather, but no real intention of off-roading. Looked at the 2020 Subaru Outback, Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Volkswagen Atlas, a Nissan Rogue and even a KIA Telluride....we were all over the place. Then I drove a Bronco Sport on an impulse. That did it. Loved it. Felt great and I just had to have it. Now I can't wait to start leaning into the off-road to make it all worth it!

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I was interested in getting a 2-door Bronco. When they announced the BS, I dismissed it at first, but it started to grow on me, even more so when I started spec'ing out a 2-door OB and kept getting in the mid to upper 40s for price. I just don't off-road enough to justify the price for capability I'll rarely use.

No regrets with choosing the BS. Of course I'm sure that after I drive the big Bronco at the Off-Roadeo I'll be putting a deposit down on one :)

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Buy whatever you want, sport or full size, doesn't matter if you go off road or not. I see totally tricked out Jeep Rubicons with the only dirt they have seen is an unpaved parking lot, I've also seen them up past their axles in mud and they can't see out the windshield. Personally I think when the full size Bronco comes out, the markups will likely be even higher than the sport has, and if you really want one it maybe hard to find for a reasonable price unless you have access to a factory discount plan. Who knows, with the way fuel prices are going, possibly few people will buy them. You see people on this board that have chosen the 1.5 liter for economy reasons, and I don't see fuel coming down anytime soon.

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Glad you ended up with the Sport. Itā€™s a nice, comfortable, sporty ride that has a lot of capabilities that most of us wonā€™t take full advantage of. Its a fun ride that turns a lot of heads. Maybe the opposite of the CRV or RAV4.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've been out on some easy off road trails, some mud, some rocks and BS has no problem getting through.
It's a very nice daily driver with off-road capabilities.

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)
Hi Folks

I put the 100 deposit down on a Bronco Sport back in September. I currently have a 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman manual with 170,000 that has been good to me but doesnt have much more time left on the road. Prior to the Mini I had a Subaru Outback 06 xt that i had fun with and sold once it reached 180k. Im ready for a new car not necessarily something Im gonna keep for 10 years, maybe 3-5. Im a little nervy about buying a car the first year it comes out( if there are glitches). Reasons I want a Bronco Sport....I love camping and roadtrips, I have a 90 pound german shepherd, ilike the simplicity, design, functionality of the sport and trad bronco.. Reasons I might not want one....mpg and price point not great as far as incentives and OTD offerings.That being said Im a no frills kinda gal. My first car i bought in the 80s was a 73 Ghia and I had that baby for almost 20 years. It was fun to drive ( you could talk and drive and listen to music and drive but not do all 3)Loud, simple and fun! I have test driven jeeps and they are ok(but not my thing)I went the complete opposite direction and test drove a Honda CRV today. The CRV was smooth, had great cargo space, great mpg and the interior was really nice.The trim above base model is OTD 3,000 bones less than the Big Bend MSRP( not including taxes)The CRV also is sooo boring. So convince me why I should get the Sport or wait for the Bronco. Im just a working shlub who works at a school and the last time I checked money wasn't falling off trees. I am fortunate to have been employed this past year and I am grateful. Oh one more thing i'm commuting to my school about 400 miles a week now. This time next year i hope to put on half as many miles a week. Thanks in advance everyone.
This was my first car in 20 years and Iā€™m coming from the school of nothing fancy, not even electric windows! LOL
So, I got the Badlands/Badlands BS, and Iā€™m not looking back. Originally, I had thought I would get the full size Bronco and was planning on it. But then my 20 y/o car decided it was time to say goodbye so I didnā€™t have much luxury on timing.
I also thought that the Bronco Sport wouldnā€™t be ā€œrugged enoughā€ for my 60lb dog and surfboard and me. But itā€™s just great! And itā€™s plenty rugged. Even though Iā€™m in the city, Iā€™m really excited that I have the ability to go to various terrains and not worry.
Definitely test drive it first ā€” as thatā€™s what sealed the deal for me. Once I drove it, I knew it felt right. I looked at others too Honda/Toyota/KIA/ Subaru; etc. The Forester was my second choice (although I wasnā€™t thrilled TBH).
Iā€™m glad that I found exactly what I wanted and went for it. Iā€™m super stoked with the Bronco sport. Good luck with yours!!

Debby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a Nissan Maxima and loved it, but I wanted something more sporty. My daughter bought a jeep four door wrangler so I decided thatā€™s what Iā€™d get. Then I test drove oneā€¦..cramped, rode rough, terrible handling on the hiway, and I could not see out the back window (no backup camera on a 2017).
So, Iā€™d had several mustangs and went to the ford dealer. The blue mustang I wanted was a GT with a six speed manualā€¦.and me with an artificial knee!!!
I saw the new bronco sport, test drove it and bought it on the spot. Roomy, pleasant, nice options, I can see out the back and it has the camera!!! Handles very well. After 4,000 miles, I know I made the right choice!!!!!

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
I have been wanting a new Jeep for quite a while. But I keep watching Chrysler/Fiat run the brand into the ground and just never pulled the trigger. When Ford revealed the new Bronco, I was all-in. Plunked down my $100 deposit and waited like everyone else. Didnā€™t give the Bronco Sport a real look in any wayā€¦. Then about Thanksgiving last year we decided we needed a smaller SUV in the coming months. I think my wife and I both had the idea of the Bronco Sport at the same time and we really took a good look at it. Looked at all the info we could and really liked what we saw vs. other SUVs on the market in our target price range. So we went for it and ordered one. Took 5 months to get it ā€” ordered 2nd week of December, picked it up first week of May.

I still have my full size Bronco reservation, but wonā€™t place the order until I can get it configured the way I want. Realistically itā€™s probably going to be a ā€˜23 as I want the painted mod top. ā€¦Badlands, maybe Wildtrak or potentially a Heritage edition. 2.7, auto, Sasquatch, high/lux packageā€¦

Not happy about the delay for the big Bronco, but itā€™s somewhat of a blessing too ā€” need a new truck and this gives me time to get the new truck before the Bronco. As for the Bronco Sport, we crossed 3000 miles on the odometer today! Loving the sport. My son and I take turns driving it and my wife and daughter took it on a road trip from Denver to Salt Lake and back about 10 days ago and they both like it. My daughter wants to sell her 2016 Mini clubman and get herself a Bronco Sport. Weā€™ve been trying to find another Badlands just like the one we ordered and itā€™s near impossible, so weā€™ll just order one as soon as banks open back up, but this is crazy. Probably be another 8 to 10 months from now before we can get it on a new order when the system re-opens in August.

I knew I wanted the Badlands configuration just based on the 2.0L engine and all the other options. So thatā€™s what we ordered. After placing the order, I ended up with opportunities to test drive the Bronco Sport, both a Badlands and a Big Bendā€¦. The BB was capable, but was weak pulling hills and not what I was after. The 2.0L in the Badlands is great. Glad thatā€™s the direction I went. Also found the leather seats with the Badlands package to be a lot more comfortable. But even with Granger Ford offering $1000 below invoice, loading up the Badlands still became a nearly $38K vehicle after invoice price less $1K less another $500 rebate from Ford. Ford had 0% for 48 and 0.9% for 60 financing through Memorial Day and we jumped on the 0.9 60. Really happy so far.

Last edited:

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
The BB was capable, but was weak pulling hills and not what I was after.
Agreed, hills are the only time when it's 'obvious' the Big Bend has a 1.5L, otherwise it does its job. If I lived in Denver and traveled that region, I'd go for the 2.0L Badlands as well.
Sponsored