Coalition of Off-Roaders Challenges Imminent Closure of 317 Miles of Trails Near Moab, UT

Offroader1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Today, a coalition of off-roaders challenged the decision by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to close 317 miles of off-roading trails near Moab, Utah. If allowed to stand, the closures will affect over 40 routes that have been popular for decades with off-roaders, overlanders, side-by-side users, dirt bikers, and dispersed campers.

The attached map lists some of the most prominent closures.

More details on the legal effort here: https://www.texaspolicy.com/press/coalition-of-off-roaders-challenges-imminent-closure-of-317-miles-of-trails-near-moab-ut

Ford Bronco Sport Coalition of Off-Roaders Challenges Imminent Closure of 317 Miles of Trails Near Moab, UT BLM Moab Trails Ma
Sponsored

Robink

Big Bend
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Today, a coalition of off-roaders challenged the decision by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to close 317 miles of off-roading trails near Moab, Utah. If allowed to stand, the closures will affect over 40 routes that have been popular for decades with off-roaders, overlanders, side-by-side users, dirt bikers, and dispersed campers.

The attached map lists some of the most prominent closures.

More details on the legal effort here: https://www.texaspolicy.com/press/coalition-of-off-roaders-challenges-imminent-closure-of-317-miles-of-trails-near-moab-ut

Ford Bronco Sport Coalition of Off-Roaders Challenges Imminent Closure of 317 Miles of Trails Near Moab, UT BLM Moab Trails Ma
I live in Utah and I approve the closures. It's about time. There are more than enough places to off-road without ruining every inch of land in that area. Some of these places have had significant damage and should be protected.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
The only problem is that this will be just a start. It's never enough to close off some of it. They will not be satisfied until it is all closed to human traffic (of any kind). Cheers!

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
The only problem is that this will be just a start. It's never enough to close off some of it. They will not be satisfied until it is all closed to human traffic (of any kind). Cheers!
I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't part of a master plan to cut all recreational fossil fuel usage deemed to be unnecessary: mudders, rock crawlers, sand buggies, pleasure boats, recreational aircraft, etc. I shouldn't be giving Big Brother ideas.
Sponsored