Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Does anyone know why my vehicle does this when i unlock the door? After I lock it the same sounds happen, usually a few minutes later. There is no operation issues, just never heard this before on my older cars. It is not the door locks btw. It is coming from a the box at the firewall.
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Mine does it as soon as my fob gets close to the driver side door. I figure the BS is expecting to go somewhere and is getting a head start on prepping for the trip.

OP
OP
Leeford

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
good to know the BS as these phantom noises, none of my other cars have ever done this before.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In mine, it sounds exactly the way my old Ford Ranger does when I use the fob to unlock the door.

OP
OP
Leeford

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Ran into another BSO owner today in a parking lot and he as the same time happening, even if he is just walking by. So...this is normal thank goodness.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a Flex that when you opened the drivers door it sounded like it was prepping for flight front to back. I've never heard anything wake up and come to life like it did.

BroncoNerd

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Went camping this weekend next to my BS, and noticed that every time my iPhone got an update, the BS would wake up and click a lot. I turned off all the connectivity options on the FordPass app and clicking noises pretty much stopped until I walked up with the KeyFob.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I was going to say, to me it sounds like just some electronics waking up. Doesn’t bother me a bit. It’s 2021, honestly when I was a kid I thought surely by now I’d have my own K.I.T.T.

Ford Bronco Sport Clicks and Clacks When Unlocking Door 57CA5D54-E6AF-46C4-9789-0593C44B1C76
Sponsored