MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
What is the best way to clean the soft material on my 2021 Bronco dashboard. If it was all plastic, easy peasy. I just wish not ruin the material
Sponsored

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
What is the best way to clean the soft material on my 2021 Bronco dashboard. If it was all plastic, easy peasy. I just wish not ruin the material
I generally just use a damp micro fibre cloth for the whole interior. For some reason it just seems that these cleaners attract more dust than just plain old water

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I actually talked to an engineer friend who deals with this type of stuff for ford today about this very same thing. She told me to use a general purpose cleaner like formula 409 or fantastik heavy duty for the rubberized dash and door panel parts for cleaning them.

Part of her job is doing studies on the interior parts of ford and Lincoln vehicles for customer satisfaction which includes cleaning products used.

OP
OP
MD-Ken

MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I wiped mine down with turtle wax dash and glass spray and a microfiber cloth with no issues. Wife got some food all over it. Seems fine.

Ford Bronco Sport Cleaning soft material on dash? 10611383_ttl_t930_pri_lar
Thank you very much Mike... I am a bit paranoid to put any solvent on the material. It appears it is very delicate and I wish not make my brand new (1,000miles) vehicle look crappy.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you very much Mike... I am a bit paranoid to put any solvent on the material. It appears it is very delicate and I wish not make my brand new (1,000miles) vehicle look crappy.
Just to clarify, because I 100% get you...it's a new vehicle. This material above the glove box
Ford Bronco Sport Cleaning soft material on dash? PXL_20210709_204751937

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I actually talked to an engineer friend who deals with this type of stuff for ford today about this very same thing. She told me to use a general purpose cleaner like formula 409 or fantastik heavy duty for the rubberized dash and door panel parts for cleaning them.

Part of her job is doing studies on the interior parts of ford and Lincoln vehicles for customer satisfaction which includes cleaning products used.
Great to know. I always prefer the people who actually design and study this stuff.

OP
OP
MD-Ken

MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just to clarify, because I 100% get you...it's a new vehicle. This material above the glove box
Ford Bronco Sport Cleaning soft material on dash? PXL_20210709_204751937
EXACTLY like that... Thanks for the most excellent feedback and I am going to purchase it tomorrow

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Great to know. I always prefer the people who actually design and study this stuff.
Same here. The engineer happens to be a co workers girlfriend. I didn't know she dealt with that kind of stuff and that's how she told me to clean it. I was worried about damaging it. She said that's what they used in case studies. I'll listen to her.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Same here. The engineer happens to be a co workers girlfriend. I didn't know she dealt with that kind of stuff and that's how she told me to clean it. I was worried about damaging it. She said that's what they used in case studies. I'll listen to her.
Yep and the turtle wax glass and dash is a neutral clear spray. Went on and wiped off smooth. No streaks no stains. I'll be sure to continue using it and report any changes.
Sponsored