MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
What does everyone recommend using to clean the plastic between the passenger and very rear (1/4) window? I am having difficulties keeping the plastic clean. The dealer tells me rubbing alcohol, but that leaves a film, then I use a glass cleaner but that doesn't last long. Should I be polishing it?

For those who have black roofs.. What do you use to wax/polish it to keep it looking good? Same thing as the body? I got the trim down to a science...
Sponsored

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
I got the trim down to a science...
Would love to hear what you have figured out for the trim. I have so far found it to be difficult to clean and impossible to keep it clean for any length of time.

Daniel

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
my preferences, I've used Meguiar's products for a long time. Most are excellent and if nothing else, as good or better than the competition. Use what you prefer. They make a ceramic wax in a blue bottle, easy to use. You wash the car, all of it, spray the wax, and rinse it off. The first application it suggests you use a damp microfiber cloth to evenly spread it before rinsing. It can go on glass, rubber trim, or plastic molding. It definitely helps reduce bug residue.
I also use a trim and plastic restore, it does a nice job keeping the black plastic black and clean. Just a few of the products I've found helpful

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What does everyone recommend using to clean the plastic between the passenger and very rear (1/4) window? I am having difficulties keeping the plastic clean. The dealer tells me rubbing alcohol, but that leaves a film, then I use a glass cleaner but that doesn't last long. Should I be polishing it?

For those who have black roofs.. What do you use to wax/polish it to keep it looking good? Same thing as the body? I got the trim down to a science...
Not sure if you are referring to the interior or exterior plastic.
For interior plastic any Vinyl/Rubber/Plastic protectant should work to clean and protect. I use Chemical Guys VRP, but have used Mothers/Meguiars/Armorall products in the past with success though some leave a greasy residue behind.
For exterior glossy plastic I use a quick detailer with some level of wax protection, or just clean it with regular old car wash soap and water when the car is washed.
For exterior trim plastic I also use VRP now after mistakenly applying sealant and wax which caused a white ugly residue that had to be cleaned.

For the glossy black roof/sides I use my standard sealant/wax combo of Wolfgang SiO2 Sealant topped with Collinite 845 as the LSP. This combo lasts a loooooong time and combined with a spray wax drying aid each wash I can probably go a year or more between sealant/wax applications since the BS is garaged.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My outside rear plastic vertical section next to the rear hatch glass,,
I scuffed it up rubbing some kind of sticky stuff off using car soap and microfiber.
It's permanent, there are three or four other places like that, small smudges the size of a bug. Haven't re tried getting that off.. waiting to see what you guys do about it....

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My outside rear plastic vertical section next to the rear hatch glass,,
I scuffed it up rubbing some kind of sticky stuff off using car soap and microfiber.
It's permanent, there are three or four other places like that, small smudges the size of a bug. Haven't re tried getting that off.. waiting to see what you guys do about it....
I had that on my pillars upon purchase. I pointed it out to the dealer he says it was the left over residue from the protectant sheets they pulled off. A little alcohol and then detail spray it was good as new. ? not sure if it's the same thing or not. Hopefully it helps.

OP
OP
MD-Ken

MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had that on my pillars upon purchase. I pointed it out to the dealer he says it was the left over residue from the protectant sheets they pulled off. A little alcohol and then detail spray it was good as new. ? not sure if it's the same thing or not. Hopefully it helps.
That is exactly what my dealer did and I do now. For that particular plastic part I use rubbing alcohol then I use a glass cleaner afterwards and it looks perfect. I have a shelf full of cleaners for my new BS. Funny though... I had like 3 cleaning items for my F150 and now I have a TON of them for this vehicle. ;-) But all is good, still in love with it.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
303 protectant for rubbers and plastics.
I discovered 303 Protectant years ago when I was trying to prevent the airbag cuts showing thru the dash in my Acura TL. The Acura forum members swore by 303 but I couldn't find it anywhere. Had to get it at West Marine as a lot of folks use it on boat upholstery. Been using it ever since on my interior plastics. Thinking about using it on the copious exterior cladding of my BS once I do a deep clean and ceramic coat the paint.

OP
OP
MD-Ken

MD-Ken

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for that advice Thom, I ordered a bottle from Amazon over the weekend. Should be on my porch when I get home from work today. Nice picture of the Iconic Silver BS, that is exactly what I have. I tinted my front widows and put a sweet bronco decal on the very back window and it looks sweet. I attached it... Pretty sweet....Right?

Ford Bronco Sport Cleaning plastic parts Bronco with Decal 8-21a

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I just ordered a bottle of that 303 also just now, should have it Tuesday. Thanks for the tip!

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I use a Mcquiars ultimate black plastic restorer about once a month on all the exterior plastic bits to keep some of that fading at bay… works well.

the glossy black roof and side pillars are tougher to keep scratch and finger print free. But hell this is my trail runner so much of those blemishes are the signs of a good time : )

Ford Bronco Sport Cleaning plastic parts 19CCD5AC-499D-4192-AC50-30464A4F1B1B

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I use H2O Guard and Gloss from Adams Polishes. Great product. Provides some protection, and lots of shine. I find applying this product every few months does a great job keeping the paint looking good and does help with hand wash paint marring. The car doesn't get nearly as dirty either and maintenance washes are a breeze. Also keeps the black trim looking fresh, and doesn't wash off like a dressing. I'm not big on ceramic coatings. I'm a paint protection film and Si-02 user.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-h2o-guard-gloss
Sponsored