benzarod

Big Bend
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Since yesterday the light never goes off. I called the service and in ARGENTINA they stuck , basically they asked me to wait a week to bring the car. Do you guys know what could be ?

Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 2.08.13 PM
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Since yesterday the light never goes off. I called the service and in ARGENTINA they stuck , basically they asked me to wait a week to bring the car. Do you guys know what could be ?

Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 2.08.13 PM
Could be 1000 different things that cause the check engine light to come on. The only way to find out what is causing it is to have someone read the trouble codes that are stored in the computer. In the U.S. just about any local mechanic has a code scanner that can tell you what is going on. Your Ford dealer should be able to do the same thing, it only takes a couple of minutes to scan, might take longer to fix.

OP
OP
benzarod

benzarod

Big Bend
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Could be 1000 different things that cause the check engine light to come on. The only way to find out what is causing it is to have someone read the trouble codes that are stored in the computer. In the U.S. just about any local mechanic has a code scanner that can tell you what is going on. Your Ford dealer should be able to do the same thing, it only takes a couple of minutes to scan, might take longer to fix.
Thanks!!! Will try to find a local dealer who can read the codes.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Thanks!!! Will try to find a local dealer who can read the codes.
If you have an independent mechanic read the trouble codes, don't let them reset the codes until you take it to a Ford dealer for repair. Without the codes and check engine light the dealer won't know what to looks for.

OP
OP
benzarod

benzarod

Big Bend
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If you have an independent mechanic read the trouble codes, don't let them reset the codes until you take it to a Ford dealer for repair. Without the codes and check engine light the dealer won't know what to looks for.
Yeap, I'll go tomorrow to a ford dealer. They told me that I'll need to leave the car for the weekend.... Bad luck for me... The car has less than 1 month....

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Check and clean you gas cap.
Gas cap? What gas cap? These are gas capless like all the other Fords have been for many years now.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeap, I'll go tomorrow to a ford dealer. They told me that I'll need to leave the car for the weekend.... Bad luck for me... The car has less than 1 month....
If you have an AutoZone, advanced auto, O'Reilly's, or other auto parts store, most of them here anyways have engine scanners they read codes for free. Anywhere who sells oil, filters etc probably has one.

My daughter lives two hours away and needed a check. USUSALLY it's emissions type stuff when the check engine light codes. If nothing else they can give you an idea. It's likely not anything serious, which is probably why they told you a week. Worth getting looks for peace of mind. Find a parts store or call and ask if they have a code reader

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My 2019 ranger did this after having it for one day. It ended up just needing the computer reset, and Ford later had an update that got applied too.

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE

I had this same light come on during a 2.2k mile July road trip to Colorado from Texas. I had just fueled up and was back up to speed on the freeway.

Your Ford Pass App will send a message with the following info...
Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON What
Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON Why

There is also some further info in the owner's manual but it's difficult to find. Especially at 80mph. I remember that it explains the indicator lamp can be many things, including contaminated gasoline, and that it will likely not persist. The light in my BS went out after I filled up with a couple of tanks of different gas in Colorado. There was no noticeable change in the drive-ability of the vehicle, and it has not come back on again.

Daniel

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had this same light come on during a 2.2k mile July road trip to Colorado from Texas. I had just fueled up and was back up to speed on the freeway.

Your Ford Pass App will send a message with the following info...
Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON What
Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON Why

There is also some further info in the owner's manual but it's difficult to find. Especially at 80mph. I remember that it explains the indicator lamp can be many things, including contaminated gasoline, and that it will likely not persist. The light in my BS went out after I filled up with a couple of tanks of different gas in Colorado. There was no noticeable change in the drive-ability of the vehicle, and it has not come back on again.

Daniel
Along that note if you've never tried seafoam fuel additive it's good stuff. It's part stabilizer part cleaner. They make a high mileage version too that I add to my kids college cars. I use it on my mower for storage. One full bottle to a full tank of gas clears a lot of those issue up. Had an old ram truck that ran rough and had sensors trip. Bottle of seafoam and it would be good for several months. This was an old truck that did it's job for perspective. Doesn't hurt, it's a reliable product.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey Guys!! thanks for all the replies, I really feel good having all this community close.

I filled up with Gas and the light went off. So, maybe it's the crapped gas we have in Argentina....
great to hear. That's the advantage of a community like this. Glad it all worked out without anything more than a fill up. Bound to be some small issues in new vehicle productions

OP
OP
benzarod

benzarod

Big Bend
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey Guys, light come up again and now I have the for app installed so I can read the error.

Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 15.04.24

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Hey Guys, light come up again and now I have the for app installed so I can read the error.

Ford Bronco Sport CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Always ON Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 15.04.24
Time for a trip to the Dealer.........
Sponsored