Can a BS do what this Bronco OB did?

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Ford Bronco Sport Can a BS do what this Bronco OB did? 1653971124590

I was going to see the Crowley Lake Columns (near Mammoth Lakes California). there is a short steep hill that stops most cars from driving 2 more miles to access the Crowley Lake columns. there are lots of holes on this hill all over the place thanks to many car/trucks spinning wheels. it is pretty steep. I was in a 4runner. it needed to lock the rear differentials to get up in 4WD (with AS tires). The Bronco OB seems have problem at all. This photo showed a moment it lifted the right rear wheel and I didn't see too much wheel spins. It cruised up pretty easily. it has the standard 32" wheels and tires and not the 35" option.

Ford Bronco Sport Can a BS do what this Bronco OB did? 1653971504737

Now...has anybody gone up this or something similar like this with a BS? will a BS BL has enough clearance?? the rear locks easily without spinning too much?
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Just go up it. Might have to pick a slightly different line but that doesn’t look to bad

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The short cut up to my cabin looks just as steep as this and my base model goes up it with no problems at all.
The Subarus and Rav 4’s cannot climb my short cut when the gravel is dry and loose. My BS base makes it look easy.
It was easy when I had those factory slick ass hydroplaning continentals on…

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrl

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
no problem

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Well, it’s not the steepness that is concern, the hill has holes all over… if you ski, you can imagine a mogul field. There is almost no way around the mogul field so some suspension articulation is necessary and the locking of the rear diff probably is just as essential.

the 4runner I thought would cruise up with 4low but it started to slip and dig hole as well. After locking the diff, it was easy cruise up.

there were a Subie CrossTrek parked on the side of the road probably tried and didn’t make it.

perhaps careful pick of a line can avoid major articulations and vehicles can get traction without locked diff.

I hope a BS BL will have no problem with this. Or else I may not want the car…

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It was easy when I had those factory slick ass hydroplaning continentals on…
Glad I'm not the only one who notices how deadly these tires become in the rain. They're terrifying.
And what's worse, I'm trading in the Big Bend so there's no point in even replacing them. I've been dealing with them in rainy NC for the past two months.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Glad I'm not the only one who notices how deadly these tires become in the rain. They're terrifying.
And what's worse, I'm trading in the Big Bend so there's no point in even replacing them. I've been dealing with them in rainy NC for the past two months.
The optional Wildpeaks are awesome in the rain.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I don't see anything in those pics to suggest a BS, especially a badlands, with AT tires shouldn't be able to make it up but the image quality isn't the best.

The folks in the Crosstrek who didn't make it up either don't have a lot of experience or have street tires...or both.