First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Here’s a pretty cool toy hauler and camping trailer right at the 1400+ to 2020 Lbs. I’ve seen them online at RVTrader and at the makers site. Here’s a link to the manufacturers site. They have smaller and bigger ones. They actually cost less than some of the other brands and seem to be built well. I know I’ll probably get one because of my motorcycle. I’ll be right at the max weight with my bike and a bare hauler. But I think it’ll be just fine because it seems spacious and fast to set up.

https://www.intechrv.com/models/flyer/explore/
Sponsored

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is sweet. Actually much bigger than I would have guessed would have been within the towing capacity spec.

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
This is sweet. Actually much bigger than I would have guessed would have been within the towing capacity spec.
Yeah, I was surprised as well. I found one on another site which they were only asking $12k. That’s dramatically much less than a different brand posted to this forum a couple months ago. There’s also a ton of open room inside when it’s empty. Such a great set up

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Here’s another trailer, but it’s right at 2,000 Lbs, at least that’s how I’m reading the specs. I’m not sure if it’s the 1050 Lbs dry weight. I’m sure someone can weigh in on that. Pun intended, lol. It is basically fully loaded minus whatever kind of you that you may want to haul. My sons Honda 50 would make the cut because it’s so light. Just an example showing that there are all shapes and sizes to accommodate most of our needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/toy hauler 969A15F9-5E0E-4B39-8772-DE9D28FFE2F0

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/toy hauler EA833EA1-41E6-4EAF-861E-E508577D6E57

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here’s another trailer, but it’s right at 2,000 Lbs, at least that’s how I’m reading the specs. I’m not sure if it’s the 1050 Lbs dry weight. I’m sure someone can weigh in on that. Pun intended, lol. It is basically fully loaded minus whatever kind of you that you may want to haul. My sons Honda 50 would make the cut because it’s so light. Just an example showing that there are all shapes and sizes to accommodate most of our needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/toy hauler 969A15F9-5E0E-4B39-8772-DE9D28FFE2F0

Ford Bronco Sport Camping/toy hauler EA833EA1-41E6-4EAF-861E-E508577D6E57
Yeah seems pretty reasonable all things considered. I’m new around here... just made my second post today.

I’m guessing one of those discussed previously was this: https://coloradoteardropcamper.com/basecamp/

Even the base model is more $$ than the one you posted but they are off-road oriented and really well polished.

At this point I’m not even sure if I’ll be a trailer guy but it’s cool knowing that there are so many options.

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Yeah seems pretty reasonable all things considered. I’m new around here... just made my second post today.

I’m guessing one of those discussed previously was this: https://coloradoteardropcamper.com/basecamp/

Even the base model is more $$ than the one you posted but they are off-road oriented and really well polished.

At this point I’m not even sure if I’ll be a trailer guy but it’s cool knowing that there are so many options.
A lot of the ones I’ve been seeing posted are more pricey. The first one I posted has the optional off-road package as well.
I drive about 600 miles to visit my parents and siblings with my son. A small toy hauler is a great option because I can tote my motorcycle and his lil Dirtbike together. Also, it’s a great camping set up as well. I like the pop out and roomie floor space inside.

zach

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
A lot of the ones I’ve been seeing posted are more pricey. The first one I posted has the optional off-road package as well.
I drive about 600 miles to visit my parents and siblings with my son. A small toy hauler is a great option because I can tote my motorcycle and his lil Dirtbike together. Also, it’s a great camping set up as well. I like the pop out and roomie floor space inside.
Nice that’s awesome. You definitely have some big boy toys. I most likely will be hauling sweaty trail runners, backpacking gear, rock climbing/mountaineering gear, road bikes, and maybe mountain bikes.

Pretty cool to see the diversity of adventures we will be going on!

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Hey all,

This is a nice little camper but too much for our Sports. The 1540 - 2020lbs is tongue weight. The trailer has a GVWR of 2990lbs which is 990lbs more than what a 1.5 can tow and 490lbs more than what a 2.0 can tow and that is without putting anything into it. Sorry to harsh your mellow.

OP
OP
Nighthawk

Nighthawk

First Edition
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nighthawkboots.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy impala
Hey all,

This is a nice little camper but too much for our Sports. The 1540 - 2020lbs is tongue weight. The trailer has a GVWR of 2990lbs which is 990lbs more than what a 1.5 can tow and 490lbs more than what a 2.0 can tow and that is without putting anything into it. Sorry to harsh your mellow.
Well, that’s too bad then. Have to go with an open trailer then. They do have the smaller ones as I mentioned in the original post though. But I guess the small hauler won’t work. Too bad

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
Hey all,

Okay. Tongue weight is the downward pressure the tongue puts on the hitch. GVWR is the maximum weight a trailer can be loaded to. Dry weight is the actual weight of the trailer. So if the trailer, without any of your added cargo is say 1200 lbs and the GVWR is 2000 lbs, you can only add up to 800 lbs of pots pans bedding bikes ect to the inside or outside the trailer.

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Okay. Tongue weight is the downward pressure the tongue puts on the hitch. GVWR is the maximum weight a trailer can be loaded to. Dry weight is the actual weight of the trailer. So if the trailer, without any of your added cargo is say 1200 lbs and the GVWR is 2000 lbs, you can only add up to 800 lbs of pots pans bedding bikes ect to the inside or outside the trailer.
You are correct. I do not know why I seen 1450-2020lbs as tongue weight although they are right on top of each other. Eyes must have been crossed, my bad. So if you get all of the options you maxed out a 1.5 and have not put anything into it. If you have a 2.0 you can add 480lbs. which is substantial unless you put a light weight wheeler in there and then you are done. I guess you could look at what options you do not need and see how much you have available for travel. Too bad you cannot do a build and see new specs. It is a pretty cool looking trailer though, I like it.

mrwhitson10

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands