Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Figured post up car was built mid April 2022, Badlands with premium package and co-pilot assist. Before I picked up the car I heard the premium stereo was hot garbage. But upon having the car for 2 weeks my B&O stereo sounds great. Stereo sounds real good even at level 8 or 9. Borderline bumps at 13.

Made me wonder.... Did Ford change something from prior months builds? Not saying new components, but maybe figured out their problematic wiring I read about.

Thoughts? Any other recent build folks want to speak up?
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Figured post up car was built mid April 2022, Badlands with premium package and co-pilot assist. Before I picked up the car I heard the premium stereo was hot garbage. But upon having the car for 2 weeks my B&O stereo sounds great. Stereo sounds real good even at level 8 or 9. Borderline bumps at 13.

Made me wonder.... Did Ford change something from prior months builds? Not saying new components, but maybe figured out their problematic wiring I read about.

Mines a week of Jan 31 build and I think it sounds good too. Base does thump, canā€™t imagine cranking it up to 11 bc 6 so to speak is enough.

But Iā€™m not an audio person so my car could be good, could be mediocre. Im confident itā€™s not bad though.

Last edited:

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The problem with audio is itā€™s very subjective. What sounds great to someone might sound awful to someone else. I love my B&O, but Iā€™ve never been a sound snob.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

No...Ford didn't change anything. I consider you a typical owner who uses the radio to hear music. Some here believe they are symphony conductors and paid for a Morel Supremo...
I have the base system in my Badlands. I plug in my phone, Spotify plays my music. I use the built in FM...music comes out. It's an off-road 4x4. Want luxury sounds don't buy an off-road brick, save them for dudes (and gals) who want to play in the mud.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think the B&O in mine sounds great. But I am not one of those stereo nerds who picks every stereo system apart. That aside it is possible Ford got batches of crappy stereo components that ended up in some ppls sports who knows.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://assets.ctfassets.net/8cd2csgvqd3m/4g3ofGs4fbi4NPfCJGKTmp/54d0a8099112a412c911fdddbab367cd/B_O_2022_Explorer_English_US.pdf
I donā€™t yet have my BS so I canā€™t comment on its B&O, but if itā€™s anything close to the explorer (and of course the system specs are in fact a bit different between the cabin volume & space available for components) itā€™ll be just fine for the vast majority of buyers. Youā€™re in a car designed to a price point to be affordable even with a ā€˜premiumā€™ option pack. Perhaps listening to Sirius or streaming on your phone.

But yes, all subjective. Iā€™m also this old so I donā€™t need to have everybody hear me coming down the block either.
Ford Bronco Sport Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying 1654304424153

Which means I also no longer have a car like this either. So for my subjective listening, the B&O that Iā€™ve experienced is just fine.
Ford Bronco Sport Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying 1654304728715

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mine was built in March. The B&O sounds meh af. Iā€™ve stated this before and sounds like itā€™s out of phase. Is supposed to be 500+ watts, but isnā€™t as loud as Bluetooth speakers I have. From 8-12 you get a buzz with any bass response and is like having a conversation with someone loud. Usually have it around 12-18 and 20 at max but then it starts to distort/clip above 18. And if you have the front windows down even at city speeds 30ish you can barely hear it. Is partially caused because manufacturers use the windscreen/side windows to reflect sound and create the sound stage. Hence why most vocals come out the dash speakers. So soon as you open the windows you lose clarity and volume significantly. At 30mph with the front windows down and volume at 10 you cannot understand what is being said. Iā€™ve had wranglers, tacos, etc and the sound systems in them were far better. My jeep was more audible with the top and doors off at highway speeds than the bronco with the windows open driving through town.
The BS isnā€™t loud, itā€™s not clear sounding. The bass, lol what bass. My girlfriends civic has 4 speakers and is rated at 160 watts and is clearer, louder, and has more bass than the B&O setup in my ride. Is like they forgot the amp. Ford is also using the same speakers they have been using for the last 10 years in their other vehicles in this. Sony, B&O, Etc. all same equipment and model numbers. Maybe somethings wrong with mine. But according to Ford, as long as thereā€™s sound coming out, itā€™s working as designed. Glad you like yours, but Iā€™m disappointed every time it plays something. Iā€™m not looking for earth shattering bass, Just clear, balanced sounding sound. Not this out of phase, muted/muddy sound.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Mine was built in March. The B&O sounds meh af. Iā€™ve stated this before and sounds like itā€™s out of phase. Is supposed to be 500+ watts, but isnā€™t as loud as Bluetooth speakers I have. From 8-12 you get a buzz with any bass response and is like having a conversation with someone loud. Usually have it around 12-18 and 20 at max but then it starts to distort/clip above 18. And if you have the front windows down even at city speeds 30ish you can barely hear it. Is partially caused because manufacturers use the windscreen/side windows to reflect sound and create the sound stage. Hence why most vocals come out the dash speakers. So soon as you open the windows you lose clarity and volume significantly. At 30mph with the front windows down and volume at 10 you cannot understand what is being said. Iā€™ve had wranglers, tacos, etc and the sound systems in them were far better. My jeep was more audible with the top and doors off at highway speeds than the bronco with the windows open driving through town.
The BS isnā€™t loud, itā€™s not clear sounding. The bass, lol what bass. My girlfriends civic has 4 speakers and is rated at 160 watts and is clearer, louder, and has more bass than the B&O setup in my ride. Is like they forgot the amp. Ford is also using the same speakers they have been using for the last 10 years in their other vehicles in this. Sony, B&O, Etc. all same equipment and model numbers. Maybe somethings wrong with mine. But according to Ford, as long as thereā€™s sound coming out, itā€™s working as designed. Glad you like yours, but Iā€™m disappointed every time it plays something. Iā€™m not looking for earth shattering bass, Just clear, balanced sounding sound. Not this out of phase, muted/muddy sound.
I think there used to be specifically designed audio tracks to test for ā€œout of phaseā€ speaker wiring. I had (maybe still have) audio test CDs that did some of these things.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Iā€™ve tried them. It is in phase per audio tracks, just doesnā€™t sound it

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The B&O is pretty bad to me but it is subjective. If your vehicle was from 10 plus years ago, then this may be an improvement. But compared to my last few vehicles, this is a noticeable step down.

But to be fair, I am that loud music guy as I usually listen in the 20ā€™s. As my favorite place on earth, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, likes to say:
If the musicā€™s too loud, youā€™re too old

Edit: one of my RRHOF shirts

Ford Bronco Sport Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying C0D1C401-2E6D-4206-BC12-8B06B60453E4

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yet another reason to be glad I didn't spend the extra money on the premium package as the upgraded audio is the only thing on the list I was even remotely interested in. I mostly listen to podcasts now, so nearly anything will handle that with simple eq adjustments. If I'm listening to music it's usually because someone else is in the car, and then it's turned down far enough to allow for unencumbered conversation.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Perhaps a hearing test is in order...all.sarcasm aside, I've not gone past 13 with windows down and it is clear and audible... 20 would blow my ear drums. I have the standard sound system. I'm apparently too basic to appreciate the nuances of vol 20+ concerto...

Ford Bronco Sport Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying giphy

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I spent a few thousand dollars on my Hi-Fi system. Itā€™s been a hobby of mine for years.

The biggest problem with music is that a lot of it is poorly recorded and mastered.

A well made record sounds great on my Hi-Fi system. However, Iā€™d say those make up about 25% of what I listen to. Everything else sounds just OK or even bad because the system is revealing.

The records that sound OK often sound much better in a car because the carā€™s system just isnā€™t very high fidelity and probably has DSP going on.

I love Hi-Fi but itā€™s often better to have a ā€œmid-fiā€ system that just sounds pretty good most of the time.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Love my B&O in my Outer Banks. It rocks all I want it to. I had a Big Bend with the standard system. The B&O is definitely a nice upgrade.

OP
OP
Moltenburn

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Perhaps a hearing test is in order...all.sarcasm aside, I've not gone past 13 with windows down and it is clear and audible... 20 would blow my ear drums. I have the standard sound system. I'm apparently too basic to appreciate the nuances of vol 20+ concerto...

Ford Bronco Sport Mid April Builds..... BL with premium... B&O stereo sounds great. Opposite of what I read before buying giphy
This. Either your system is toast or you need hearing checked. Even with windows open zero need to go past 12. You comment cranked to 20? I want to say you might have blown your speakers as well.

I just traded a Mercedes Benz with Burmeister stereo... Bronco Sports stereo sounds as good 8f not maybe better.
Sponsored