Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've relocated to NC for 4 months for a work assignment and I'm living out of an Airbnb. It's an awesome little 600 square foot cabin in the woods. Truly getting the full immersive western NC experience. But, I am lacking a few creature comforts my boyfriend have in our permanent home in AZ. My poor Sport is living outside instead of being garage-kept and is attracting a ton of pollen and gifts from the birds. Even with rubber mats, the carpets are getting pretty grimy from all of our hiking trips. This thing needs cleaned, inside and out.
We have a car wash in town with free vaccums, but I've heard horror stories of automatic washes scratching paint and ripping off fender flares - No thanks. I'm trading it in for my ordered Badlands once we get back and won't take any risks that could affect my trade value. The Airbnb does have a hose, so I'll just buy stuff to hand-wash today. But, this still leaves the carpet dilemma. How on earth do I get the carpets clean without access to a shop vac? I don't want to buy a vac we won't have the space to bring back with us, especially since we already have one at home. Does anyone have any good tips/tricks to get the debris and dirt off the carpets without an appliance?
Sponsored

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've relocated to NC for 4 months for a work assignment and I'm living out of an Airbnb. It's an awesome little 600 square foot cabin in the woods. Truly getting the full immersive western NC experience. But, I am lacking a few creature comforts my boyfriend have in our permanent home in AZ. My poor Sport is living outside instead of being garage-kept and is attracting a ton of pollen and gifts from the birds. Even with rubber mats, the carpets are getting pretty grimy from all of our hiking trips. This thing needs cleaned, inside and out.
We have a car wash in town with free vaccums, but I've heard horror stories of automatic washes scratching paint and ripping off fender flares - No thanks. I'm trading it in for my ordered Badlands once we get back and won't take any risks that could affect my trade value. The Airbnb does have a hose, so I'll just buy stuff to hand-wash today. But, this still leaves the carpet dilemma. How on earth do I get the carpets clean without access to a shop vac? I don't want to buy a vac we won't have the space to bring back with us, especially since we already have one at home. Does anyone have any good tips/tricks to get the debris and dirt off the carpets without an appliance?
Is there a self wash nearby? They have vacuums you can pay to use (bring quarters). Very powerful. Also, in a pinch I have used a touchless (spray only) car wash on the basic setting (no wax or coatings) for a quick rinse.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
What a beautiful part of the continent to be on! I know it’s only 4 months, but there may be ways to get a vacuum if you don’t otherwise have another plan, like the vacuums at the car wash.

Though it sounds like you’re too ‘rural’ for one, check out if you have a local ’Buy Nothing’ group. Throwing out an ‘ask’ for a shop vac might just net you a free one you can use & then turn around & ‘regift’ it again after before you go back home. Of course you might get lucky that way with marketplace & craigslist, or even just plain borrowing from neighbors, as well.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
They have those mini vacuums specifically for vehicles. Check out Amazon for car vacuums.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Check out the local Grocery Store to ‘’Rent a carpet vacuum they usually have a hose that goes on for furniture, just use that and voilà clean Bronco.
Sponsored