PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I have 3000 miles on my Donkey sport and the windshield is also hammered! I have a 2000 ford f-350 dually and the windshield is in way better shape than my donkey! Our donkies are just glorified plastic mall crawlers! 🤮😭😭
Why would you waste your hard earned money on such a deplorable vehicle then? So many choices so very little time.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Why would you waste your hard earned money on such a deplorable vehicle then? So many choices so very little time.
BOOM. "Donkey" then GTFO and get a superior vehicle. YUGOS sucked and one was blown off the Mac bridge...let's go buy one!!! I am entertained by thought processing day by day. I loathe sand...let's buy a beach house. Wtf!?

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
My personal opinion: It’s not cheap glass or driving habits. It’s Science. The velocity and shape of the pebble/rock/whatever combined with the angle of impact dictates the amount (or lack) of damage done. The actual angle of the windshield plays a part in the angle of impact, that you might not have in other vehicles. The angle difference, on other vehicles, allows some flying objects to slide/skate along the glass. Trying to compare to a full size truck (F150, F250 or F350) makes no sense. The height difference alone, makes it improbable. Like I said, JMHO.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I got a stone chip on my way to get my Aeroskin 2 installed. Small rock from the opposite lane. Since then, nothing. 🤞
We have a huge amount of building going on in our area. Lots of trucks carrying construction refuse with a sign on the back of the trucks saying "Not responsible for broken windshields. Stay back 200 feet." They also do not have a rear license plate. I stay far away from these trucks and, so far, have not had a problem.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Thinner glass for less weight.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
We have a huge amount of building going on in our area. Lots of trucks carrying construction refuse with a sign on the back of the trucks saying "Not responsible for broken windshields. Stay back 200 feet." They also do not have a rear license plate. I stay far away from these trucks and, so far, have not had a problem.
So, If I have a sign on the back of my vehicle that states "I have no insurance; not responsible for damage to your vehicle", am I in the clear?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So, If I have a sign on the back of my vehicle that states "I have no insurance; not responsible for damage to your vehicle", am I in the clear?
I've wondered the same thing about their disclaiming responsibility. They also don't have rear license plates. Hope I never have to find out. You'd have to chase them to get an identifying information.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thank you. I didn't doubt they had responsibility. The problem is getting the information to initiate a lawsuit. A friend had his windshield chipped and followed the truck. When he tried to talk to the driver, the only information he got was belligerence and a middle finger. Easier to file an insurance claim than instigate a road rage incident.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I didn't doubt they had responsibility. The problem is getting the information to initiate a lawsuit. A friend had his windshield chipped and followed the truck. When he tried to talk to the driver, the only information he got was belligerence and a middle finger. Easier to file an insurance claim than instigate a road rage incident.
I would have promptly called the police to obtain an accident report. If the driver fled, that adds leaving the scene of an accident, and the driver can loose their CDL license.

I can play that game too.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I would have promptly called the police to obtain an accident report. If the driver fled, that adds leaving the scene of an accident, and the driver can loose their CDL license.

I can play that game too.
You are absolutely correct.

BurkePinch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
I will be replacing a windshield soon. My concern is non OEM windshield not having any sound dampening. Not even sure if that is a thing, but there is a “SoundScreen” stamp bottom right and I have a fear of additional sound noise once I get a replacement?
Is there any rationale behind my fear?
If the old adhesive wasn't thoroughly removed and new adhesive wasn't properly applied it can result in a vibrating noise as your windshield moves ever so slightly. This can be most noticeable on uneven roadways or during higher speeds. A snug fitting, properly installed windshield should not make any rattling noises. Or if the Sound Dampening is installed carefully.

Last edited:

AndrewSib

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yesterday I got a rock from a Schumacher that flew out in front of me. I gonna repair this in Safelite and set the Aeroskin II up in additional.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Windshield Integrity photo_2024-01-09_16-22-18
Sponsored