Cheifwiggum

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone with a Bronco Sport, I have a BS Badlands and was rear ended in June. I immediately took it to a body shop affiliated with Ford. I just got it back this week. So just a little over 4 months.

I get the part delays etc. But the Body shop was reaching out to Ford directly to figure out how to make cuts, where to make them and what not to repair the damage.

I was told by my rep i was working with, in a few years when these vehicles are 2-3 years old any rear end collision will end up being a total loss with how much work was involved in getting it back to 100%.

That being said, my Badlands didn't have a tow hitch, and I was told by a couple mechanics that i should think about adding the tow hitch and some type of ball or mount to absorb some of the damage just in case. So I am adding that to my Badlands ASAP.

Just thought i would give you guys a heads up, i know i hope no one gets in these accidents, but they happen.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Rear end collisions image3
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone with a Bronco Sport, I have a BS Badlands and was rear ended in June. I immediately took it to a body shop affiliated with Ford. I just got it back this week. So just a little over 4 months.

I get the part delays etc. But the Body shop was reaching out to Ford directly to figure out how to make cuts, where to make them and what not to repair the damage.

I was told by my rep i was working with, in a few years when these vehicles are 2-3 years old any rear end collision will end up being a total loss with how much work was involved in getting it back to 100%.

That being said, my Badlands didn't have a tow hitch, and I was told by a couple mechanics that i should think about adding the tow hitch and some type of ball or mount to absorb some of the damage just in case. So I am adding that to my Badlands ASAP.

Just thought i would give you guys a heads up, i know i hope no one gets in these accidents, but they happen.
Thanks for your information, ordering a block to insert into my tow hitch as i type this . Great point might as well put something there .

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Rear end collisions 695BF071-B33F-46B0-9794-5D72E338A17F

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
How fast was the person behind you going when they hit you? Must have been a pretty hard impact for the car to submarine under the rear end of yours.

OP
OP
Cheifwiggum

Cheifwiggum

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How fast was the person behind you going when they hit you? Must have been a pretty hard impact for the car to submarine under the rear end of yours.
freeway speed coming to a stop in traffic, no brakes applied by the guy behind me. im thinking 30-50mph.

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Here are 3 options I'm looking at. Easier access to the roof rack, plus a bit of protection for the rear.

one
two
three

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
freeway speed coming to a stop in traffic, no brakes applied by the guy behind me. im thinking 30-50mph.
This really sucks and I'm sorry about your vehicle. Hopefully no lasting impacts to the occupants...

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
Had an old jeep wrangler that I put a receiver hitch on , and got rear ended. The jeep had no damage, other guys car was not as lucky! Probably a good idea!

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I hear you on the parts delays. Truck backed into my rear quarter panel on 8/28, Ford body shop is still waiting for that part so they can start the job. My BS is drivable, but the delays stink.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Had a 1977 Thunderbird, back when cars had the large steel bumpers. Fancy schmancy 1984 Firebird rear ended me at a stop light. Bent my license plate but totaled his front end. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Not saying you're wrong, but honestly, any crash with any vehicle that subducts as much as that car did is probably going to be a total loss. There is a lot of expensive parts under there not to mention they would need to mess with the liftgate, roof, rear fender panels and probably at least the rear door panels as well as paint at minimum half the car in multi-colors (body and black/grey).

So if an insurer uses the typical 70% to determine totaling vs. a 3 year old car that likely at that point has lost half the original value (probably more outside the weird Covid used auto market) then that's an easy number to hit. Cost of everything is up and replacements are just cheaper.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've always had trailer hitches on my vehicles as they seemed to stop a lot of the damage to my vehicle if I was rear ended.

I owned a 1976 Ford F150 that got rear ended 3 times and had nothing but scratches on the bumper. Had a trailer hitch.

I still own a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT that got rear ended once by a Lincoln and got one bump on the tailgate and scratches all over the bumper. The front end of the Lincoln was demolished. radiator holed, headlights and turn indicators gone, hood, grill and both front fenders gone.

I'm installing a hitch on my Bronco later today.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
I almost canceled my hitch install due to backorder, but you changed my mind. Getting that extra utility and protection seems like a no-brainer now.
Sponsored