Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ordered a badlands without badlands package as I don't like those brown leather seats. I went with the Orange cloth trim ones because of this. I sacrificed a few options. mistake?
Sponsored

jetmatt

Badlands
First Name
Matei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The L Train
Personally, I wanted a sunroof, dual zone temp control and the sound system. I also really like the brown leather. Doesn't sound like you're going to miss any of those things, so it sounds right for you!

Nothing else on there was a must have for me.

OP
OP

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Personally, I wanted a sunroof, dual zone temp control and the sound system. I also really like the brown leather. Doesn't sound like you're going to miss any of those things, so it sounds right for you!

Nothing else on there was a must have for me.
yeah will miss the leather wrapped steering wheel and matching handles , don't use my sun roof now so that's no big deal. I do like the B and O sound arrrgghhh. I ordered the Carbon grey with black roof, but looking at pics with grey roof looks good

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Neither my wife nor I liked the brown interior, so also no on the BL package. Just seemed to clash with A51 (went with Ebony/A51). If the exterior were green (which we would have bought if available) or the Kodiak Brown, then we probably would.

Just personal aesthetics. We have other vehicles (Hondas) that have all the similar upgrades, so it wasn't really necessary, either.

jetmatt

Badlands
First Name
Matei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The L Train
Yeah those are all things that are going to be really hard to get after the fact. Is a leather wrapped steering wheel and a subwoofer worth $2.5k to you?

I've been waiting for this car for years, and I'm treating myself, so I don't feel bad. Hell, I don't even have a car right now haha.

yeah will miss the leather wrapped steering wheel and matching handles , don't use my sun roof now so that's no big deal. I do like the B and O sound arrrgghhh. I ordered the Carbon grey with black roof, but looking at pics with grey roof looks good

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Ordered a badlands without badlands package as I don't like those brown leather seats. I went with the Orange cloth trim ones because of this. I sacrificed a few options. mistake?
Honestly I also ordered the same thing, I didn't want the moonroof so I could get more roof strength.

I would have liked dual zone climate and maybe the B&O but I'm not all that bothered by it.

With that said, you might still be able to call your dealership and get it changed.

OP
OP

Meathanky

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Honestly I also ordered the same thing, I didn't want the moonroof so I could get more roof strength.

I would have liked dual zone climate and maybe the B&O but I'm not all that bothered by it.

With that said, you might still be able to call your dealership and get it changed.
what color did you go with? I have the duel climate now and its always set at same. Its a small space so don't need it.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I'm getting Cyber Orange Exterior, Active orange interior BL edition.
I actually WANT the moonroof, (with cloth seats) otherwise I probably would have upgraded my BB to this same selection.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I actually WANT the moonroof, (with cloth seats) otherwise I probably would have upgraded my BB to this same selection.
How about you order a BL+BL package.. and we'll meet up to swap seats interiors? ?

Honestly.. I would be willing to do it and split the package cost.. you get to keep the B&O system, moonroof.. etc.. I would like the seats, door cards.

Though I think the dash would not match very well, and that's a PITA to swap.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Just remember that options like leather may increase the resale value, not so much the trade-in value later. I'm also switching over to the Orange instead of the black because I think it "looks" more interesting and the black blends in with a lot of other vehicles especially when I don't wash it for 2-3 months of storm chasing.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I went orange so I can be a bit more easily rescued if need be... though maybe a Rapid Red would be the furthest to be spotted.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Just remember that options like leather may increase the resale value, not so much the trade-in value later. I'm also switching over to the Orange instead of the black because I think it "looks" more interesting and the black blends in with a lot of other vehicles especially when I don't wash it for 2-3 months of storm chasing.
Hey brother... so hope you donā€™t mind me asking. Iā€™ve seen you mention a few times this storm chasing aspect... would you mind making a whole thread about it. Honestly Iā€™d love to hear more about your initiative of getting a Sport for what sounds like some pretty intense driving... plus the gear you plan to put in it and on it. I genuinely see other members being stoked on your vision and plans. If not no stress, just sounds cool is all.
Sponsored