Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The 2022 I just picked up didn’t have one. I went to the parts department to order and the parts guy said he had one in stock but wouldn’t recommend I buy it. He said Ford didn’t stop putting them on due to cost or supply. They stopped because it was causing the motor to overheat. Is that true?
Sounds like an enterprising dealer has come up with a good excuse to get customers to stop whining about their missing engine covers.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sounds like an enterprising dealer has come up with a good excuse to get customers to stop whining about their missing engine covers.
Yeah so now everyone who complains gets told it causes problems and complainers go away and stop bugging dealers. Good solution.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Yeah so now everyone who complains gets told it causes problems and complainers go away and stop bugging dealers. Good solution.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Engine Appearance Cover 1.5 L Ecoboost Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I checked to make sure engine cover was there and oil was put in the engine. I did have a no oil oil change once. Dealer admitted to screwing up and put in new motor and turbo etc. in my 125,000 mile Escape.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Engine cover:
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Engine Appearance Cover 1.5 L Ecoboost PXL_20220113_183933254

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 2022 I just picked up didn’t have one. I went to the parts department to order and the parts guy said he had one in stock but wouldn’t recommend I buy it. He said Ford didn’t stop putting them on due to cost or supply. They stopped because it was causing the motor to overheat. Is that true?
That may be the reason I put on the non functional hood scoop. To allow more air in the over heated engine compartment. Maybe believe that one also....my engine has never overheated! What a bunch of crap you are being told!!!

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
Doesn’t make sense to me. I wasn’t bugging anyone. I didn’t even get my bronco from that dealer. I walked in asking if they had one for me to buy. That was it.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
That may be the reason I put on the non functional hood scoop. To allow more air in the over heated engine compartment. Maybe believe that one also....my engine has never overheated! What a bunch of crap you are being told!!!
Who said I believed it? Hence the question and post. And just because yours hasn’t had issues with an engine cover, that doesn’t represent all broncos.

The explanation obviously seems strange. But at the same time it’s odd that he wouldn’t just sell me one.

This was the same parts guy who sold the old lady in front of me a lug nut wrench because she couldn’t find hers and had the locking lug nut key but no wrench with a flat tire. He couldn’t get it for 2 days. She was freaking out because she couldn’t drive for 2 days.

The proper response to her would be to have service or literally any other shop just change it. But instead he charged her over $100 for one. Clearly he doesn’t mind selling things for no reason. Kind of gives his story credibility. Why would he care if my motor overheats? Just sell it to me.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Who said I believed it? Hence the question and post. And just because yours hasn’t had issues with an engine cover, that doesn’t represent all broncos.

The explanation obviously seems strange. But at the same time it’s odd that he wouldn’t just sell me one.

This was the same parts guy who sold the old lady in front of me a lug nut wrench because she couldn’t find hers and had the locking lug nut key but no wrench with a flat tire. He couldn’t get it for 2 days. She was freaking out because she couldn’t drive for 2 days.

The proper response to her would be to have service or literally any other shop just change it. But instead he charged her over $100 for one. Clearly he doesn’t mind selling things for no reason. Kind of gives his story credibility. Why would he care if my motor overheats? Just sell it to me.
I understand. It was just an over reaction on my part to something that I personally felt was ridiculous. A Ford parts worker does not make them in any way a knowledgeable individual. I have dealt with several that unfortunately didn't have a clue what they were doing. So I guess I can't answer your question. Good luck!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yes, we know. The 2.0 comes with the engine cover. Old news. Nothing to see here.
Correction: a '21 2.0 comes with one.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Doesn’t make sense to me. I wasn’t bugging anyone. I didn’t even get my bronco from that dealer. I walked in asking if they had one for me to buy. That was it.
I wasn't trying to mock you--genuinely sorry if I came across that way. Missing engine covers have been a sore topic for a lot of people, and Ford has been conspicuously quiet about it. I was just being my usual smaht@$$ self trying to laugh a little at an annoying situation. Sometimes it's an inappropriate coping mechanism--or so my wife frequently tells me.

dannyc928

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Can I install the engine cover without the insulator?
Sponsored